[uportal-user] jQuery update in uPortal core

[uportal-user] jQuery update in uPortal core

Jackson, Allan

I was wondering if there’s an established process for updating jQuery in the core uPortal project. There’s a bug in 1.11 that prevents many of our custom portlets from running correctly, and it’s fixed in 1.12 (https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/issues/84). For the time being, I’ve overlaid the skin file where jQuery is imported and updated it to version 1.12.4, but long-term I’d really rather not overlay that file at all.

I considered just doing a pull-request with the newer jQuery and jQuery-migrate, but I didn’t know if there was any other process in place or some specific reason why it hadn’t been updated already. In my (brief) testing, I didn’t see any issues with the update, and 1.12 is not supposed to contain any breaking changes anyway.

Thanks,

Allan