[uportal-user] Re: Sakai Connecter Portlet not working in uPortal

[uportal-user] Re: Sakai Connecter Portlet not working in uPortal

fayz

Any help?
On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6:30:42 AM UTC+5 Fritz wrote:
Hello,

I've setup the Web Services and enabled the LTI provider in my Sakai deployment and its working fine but when using the sakai connector portlet in the uPortal its not working and giving error (Not Configured Yet). Although all the LTI credentials are correct.

Re: [uportal-user] Re: Sakai Connecter Portlet not working in uPortal

Benito Gonzalez-2
I have never used this portlet, personally. Sakai and LTI have both evolved quite a bit in the last several years.

Cris offers excellent advice of reaching out to some of the developers.

Best,
--bjagg

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 4:16 AM Fritz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes thats the one i'm using.

Every thing is working fine on Sakai end as LTI provider is configured correctly. I tried to use Basic LTI portlet also but its showing a blank page.

On Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 12:52:17 AM UTC+5 holdorph wrote:
I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I did a google search and came up with this link?

Is that what you're trying to use?  If so, I think there are a couple of things to mention.  One, that seems to have been authored mostly by Steve Swinsburg, who was mostly active in the Sakai community.  He also moved on from working at a university in Autstralia into non-academic job several years ago.  Which given the lack up updates on that github repo seems to match up.

The main point is, this could be either a uportal or a sakai problem, but I would make a guess it's more on the sakai side.  But to do deeper debugging you'd probably want to reach out to the original developer.  Even if he is not using it, he might know if anyone else is using/maintaining it.  I don't personally recognize the name of any of the other 'contributors' of that repository.  In terms of others who have 'forked' that repo, I see that Christian Murphy and Benitio Gonzalez both have and they are active on this mailing list (though, i don't think either of them do much with Sakai right now).

---- Cris J H