[uportal-dev] Turn off statistics for uPortal 4?

[uportal-dev] Turn off statistics for uPortal 4?

Lauren Anderson

Is there a way to stop uPortal 4 from logging any events? We aren’t using the aggregated data and we are experiencing problems with the data tables holding raw events and aggregated events. I’d like to shut it off.

Lauren

Re: [uportal-dev] Turn off statistics for uPortal 4?

Aaron Grant
Hi Lauren,

We've disabled these also. We did this by doing an overridesContext.xml on the file Jonathan noted. Additionally we disabled part of it in this DB config: https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal-start/blob/master/data/base/event-aggregation/default.event-aggregation.xml

Aaron

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:48 AM Jonathan M. Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:

I believe you need to uncomment the ignoredEvents property in uPortal-webapp/src/main/resources/properties/contexts/eventHandlerContext.xml to have it not log most events.

- Jonathan

On 9/7/19 10:36 AM, Lauren Anderson wrote:

Is there a way to stop uPortal 4 from logging any events? We aren’t using the aggregated data and we are experiencing problems with the data tables holding raw events and aggregated events. I’d like to shut it off.

Lauren

Aaron Grant
Interim Director of Enterprise Systems

Re: [uportal-dev] Turn off statistics for uPortal 4?

Andrew Petro-3
Working on disabling logging raw events to the database (and aggregating those raw events in the database) in MyUW as well.

The patch is intended to be a deep change that removes the DAO that writes the raw events to the database and also removes the event aggregators and their "managers".

Not yet deployed in any MyUW tier.

As ever,

Andrew

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 10:04:20 AM UTC-5, asgrant wrote:
Hi Lauren,

We've disabled these also. We did this by doing an overridesContext.xml on the file Jonathan noted. Additionally we disabled part of it in this DB config: <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal-start/blob/master/data/base/event-aggregation/default.event-aggregation.xml" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal-start%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdata%2Fbase%2Fevent-aggregation%2Fdefault.event-aggregation.xml\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHyQNaIwAwLr7zpAhyclSnC8cL-BA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal-start%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdata%2Fbase%2Fevent-aggregation%2Fdefault.event-aggregation.xml\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHyQNaIwAwLr7zpAhyclSnC8cL-BA&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal-start/blob/master/data/base/event-aggregation/default.event-aggregation.xml

Aaron

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:48 AM Jonathan M. Tran wrote:

I believe you need to uncomment the ignoredEvents property in <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/63cfe68ac215d006cae36447376536e1840eede3/uPortal-webapp/src/main/resources/properties/contexts/eventHandlerContext.xml" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2F63cfe68ac215d006cae36447376536e1840eede3%2FuPortal-webapp%2Fsrc%2Fmain%2Fresources%2Fproperties%2Fcontexts%2FeventHandlerContext.xml\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEFRKCtxG9gI0SCkwQCcU66KHG7YQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2F63cfe68ac215d006cae36447376536e1840eede3%2FuPortal-webapp%2Fsrc%2Fmain%2Fresources%2Fproperties%2Fcontexts%2FeventHandlerContext.xml\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEFRKCtxG9gI0SCkwQCcU66KHG7YQ&#39;;return true;"> uPortal-webapp/src/main/resources/properties/contexts/eventHandlerContext.xml to have it not log most events.

- Jonathan

On 9/7/19 10:36 AM, Lauren Anderson wrote:

Is there a way to stop uPortal 4 from logging any events? We aren’t using the aggregated data and we are experiencing problems with the data tables holding raw events and aggregated events. I’d like to shut it off.

Lauren

Re: [uportal-dev] Turn off statistics for uPortal 4?

Benito Gonzalez-2
Hi Lauren,

For uPortal 5, in overrides add this list:

+ <util:list id="listenerEventFilters">
+ <bean class="org.apereo.portal.spring.context.ClassApplicationEventFilter">
+ <property name="supportedEvents">
+ <list></list>
+ </property>
+ <property name="ignoredEvents">
+ <list>
+ <value>org.apereo.portal.events.PortalEvent</value>
+ </list>
+ </property>
+ </bean>
+ </util:list>

For uPortal 4, you would modify the appropriate context file.

You could take this farther and remove the event tasks from the uPortalTaskScheduler in schedulerContext.xml (over redefine in overridesContext.xml).

Hope this helps!
--bjagg