uPortal 5 : dynamic skin too slow

Jérôme Nenert

Hi,

uPortal-start using defaultSkin, browser: Firefox

Dynamic skin takes too slow : a user can quickly see a no css page
just before seeing the regular page with defaultSkin ( tested on the
welcome page, but can be seen on any tabs when logged in ).

Any optimization that could help ?

Regards.

Jerome NENERT
D.S.I.
Université Panthéon-Assas

Re: uPortal 5 : dynamic skin too slow

Julien Gribonvald
Hi Jérôme !

I didn't hear about a such problem.

I already seen a such thing when having overload problems, when the
tomcat/apache is too slow for serving things !

Which version are you deploying ? Which architecture do you have ?
tomcat behind apache proxy with load-balancer ajp ? How many jvm memory
did you set ? Have you at least 4 Go ? I would recommand that.

Else you dynamic skin is set to which group of users ? You don't use the
Everybody group ? Did you change any data from your install ?

- Julien

--
Julien Gribonvald