sorting 3.4.10 on cas downloads page

Andrew Petro
Looks like this page doesn't sort ideally

http://www.jasig.org/cas/download

in that cas server 3.4.10 is sorted below 3.4.1 , whereas one would
ideally want 3.4.10 to be just above 3.4.9.

Are there any solutions to this better than re-naming 3.4.1 to 3.4.01
... 3.4.9 to 3.4.09 so that sorting is proper?

Andrew

Re: sorting 3.4.10 on cas downloads page

Andrew Petro
I adjusted this to sort by post date of the release nodes rather than by
title of the release nodes.

http://www.jasig.org/cas/download

This has the nice effect of bubbling the CAS 3.4.10 release to the top
of the list, since it's the latest published, but it makes some of the
ordering of older releases look like a mess.

Improvement?  Worth backing out this sorting change and going with the
renaming to introduce leading zero to 3.4.09 etc. idea?

Andrew

On 8/23/2011 11:05 AM, Andrew Petro wrote:

> Looks like this page doesn't sort ideally
>
> http://www.jasig.org/cas/download
>
> in that cas server 3.4.10 is sorted below 3.4.1 , whereas one would
> ideally want 3.4.10 to be just above 3.4.9.
>
> Are there any solutions to this better than re-naming 3.4.1 to 3.4.01
> ... 3.4.9 to 3.4.09 so that sorting is proper?
>
> Andrew

Re: sorting 3.4.10 on cas downloads page

Jim Helwig-2
I just did a test and it seems you can easily edit the "post" date. I changed CAS Server 3.4.8 Release to have a post date or 8/22. I think ordering by post date (in reverse) is the way to go. You can go back and change the post dates of prior releases to fix the ordering if you want.

JimH