multiple attributeRepositories...

Dean Heisey
I have two attributeRepositories I have to deal with  one is ActiveDirectory, one is Novell.  The ideal behaviour is to search AD first and drop out if the user is found, otherwise search Novell.

I wired everything up, changing the bean id from attributeRepository to adAttributeRepository.  When I start Tomcat, I get an exception thrown because of a No Such Bean exception.  Seems that there are some constructor args used in the cas-servlet.xml file when configuring a couple of beans:

  <bean id="addRegisteredServiceSimpleFormController" class="org.jasig.cas.servi
ces.web.RegisteredServiceSimpleFormController"
    p:formView="addServiceView"
    p:successView="addServiceView"
    p:commandName="registeredService"
    p:validator-ref="registeredServiceValidator"
    p:sessionForm="true">
    <constructor-arg index="0" ref="servicesManager" />
    <constructor-arg index="1" ref="attributeRepository" />  </bean>

  <bean id="editRegisteredServiceSimpleFormController" class="org.jasig.cas.serv
ices.web.RegisteredServiceSimpleFormController"
    p:formView="editServiceView"
    p:successView="editServiceView"
    p:commandName="registeredService"
    p:validator-ref="registeredServiceValidator"
    p:sessionForm="false">
    <constructor-arg index="0" ref="servicesManager" />
    <constructor-arg index="1" ref="attributeRepository" />
  </bean>

Am I constrained to one attributeRepository per instance of CAS or is there an Aggregate Attribute Repository I can configure?

Thanks again

Dean

Re: multiple attributeRepositories...

Marvin Addison
> I wired everything up, changing the bean id from attributeRepository to
> adAttributeRepository. When I start Tomcat, I get an exception thrown
> because of a No Such Bean exception.

As you noted there is a requirement that the name of the bean is
exactly "attributeRepository".  I believe you can satisfy your use
case with http://developer.jasig.org/projects/person-directory/1.5.0-RC6/apidocs/org/jasig/services/persondir/support/MergingPersonAttributeDaoImpl.html.
 You'd name that one "attributeRepository," with the constituent
repositories named something meaningful based on your environment.

Re: multiple attributeRepositories...

astonpearl
Can anyone give a steps how to configure "MergingPersonAttributeDaoImpl"? I don't find any reference links for that.

Thanks.