[jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

[jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

Jim Helwig-2
The newly redesigned www.jasig.org web site is currently staged at http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/. We would like to release this new version before Monday, 8/15 (although this has to be verified with WebChuckWeb), in time for the uPortal 4.0 GA announcement. A few of us have done some initial review of the site and don't see any show stoppers. We would appreciate it if you could take time to review the site as well. If you see something that you would like to see changed, please add a comment to this wiki page: https://wiki.jasig.org/x/yIjaAg

We anticipate that there will be a series of improvements, updates or edits over the upcoming weeks and months and you can note those suggestions on that page. If you see something that you feel MUST be addressed before we can go live, please note them on the page and feel free to send me an email. We are hoping these type of changes can be kept to a minimum and we can do iterative improvements over time.

Thanks!

JimH

Re: [jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

Cris J Holdorph
I don't see anything that's needs to change before it can be released.

However, I got this email because I'm on the Incubation mailing list.  And the web presence of incubating projects had come up on this list.  I do not see any significant changes to represent incubating projects.

---- Cris J H

Re: [jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

Susan Bramhall
Jim and I talked through a plan for an incubation section that I/we
would be in charge of updating with incubating projects.  This area
seems to have lagged though.  I trust it will be further developed after
initial publication.  Is this right Jim?
Susan

On 8/10/2011 11:57 AM, Cris J. Holdorph wrote:

> I don't see anything that's needs to change before it can be released.
>
> However, I got this email because I'm on the Incubation mailing list.  And the web presence of incubating projects had come up on this list.  I do not see any significant changes to represent incubating projects.
>
> ---- Cris J H

susan_bramhall.vcf (426 bytes) Download Attachment

Re:[jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

We have made a number of changes based on the feedback folks noted on the wiki page which addresses many of the concerns folks voiced. That said, Gary Thompson added a number of insightful comments yesterday afternoon many of which cannot be as easily resolved without discussion. I am hopefully going to have a conference call on Monday with Gary and WebChuckWeb to strategize on how to address these. We'll see if we can still get a launch early next week.

Feel free to add additional comments to the wiki.

JimH

on 8/10/2011 8:45 AM Jim Helwig said the following:

> The newly redesigned www.jasig.org web site is currently staged at
> http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/. We would like to release this
> new version before Monday, 8/15 (although this has to be verified
> with WebChuckWeb), in time for the uPortal 4.0 GA announcement. A few
> of us have done some initial review of the site and don't see any
> show stoppers. We would appreciate it if you could take time to
> review the site as well. If you see something that you would like to
> see changed, please add a comment to this wiki page:
> https://wiki.jasig.org/x/yIjaAg
>
> We anticipate that there will be a series of improvements, updates or
> edits over the upcoming weeks and months and you can note those
> suggestions on that page. If you see something that you feel MUST be
> addressed before we can go live, please note them on the page and
> feel free to send me an email. We are hoping these type of changes
> can be kept to a minimum and we can do iterative improvements over
> time.
>
> Thanks!
>
> JimH

Re:[jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

Jim Helwig-2
A few additional changes have been made at http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/. At this point we don't think that WebChuckWeb needs to do any further work before we go live. We certainly can improve the text on some of the pages (perhaps the What is Jasig blurb on the home page?). If you have suggested edits, please send them my way. Also, someone from the Incubation could create project items for the incubating projects.

At this point I am thinking we could aim for pushing this out Friday morning (8/19) or Monday morning (8/22).

JimH

Re:[jasig-incubation] jasig.org redesign staged

Jim Helwig-2
I think we can go live with this today. Chuck, can you reply to this whole group when you make the switch? If there are any urgent issues folks uncover, let's direct those comments to the Jasig Web Presence list <[hidden email]> or enter them in Jira at https://issues.jasig.org/browse/WEB. Chuck's team might be able to help with anything urgent. I am home today but will try to check email periodically.

JimH