[jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

[jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

dmccallum
Administrator
Hello,

I've been working on transitioning SSP (Student Success Plan) to a Jasig Incubation project. We have one of the two GitHub repositories transferred to the Jasig organization [1]. I'm working with Eric Dalquist and Jen Bourey to move the second. I expect that effort to be completed in short order.

Is now a reasonable time to request official ssp-dev and ssp-user mailing lists? Is there anything I can do to assist with their configuration and/or advertisement?

Thank you.

- Dan McCallum
Unicon, Inc

[1] - https://github.com/Jasig/SSP

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

Carroll, Timothy Dale
I believe these mailing lists are already in place.  You may need to check
the memberships.  Can you see the SSP-admins, SSP-developers, and
SSP-users groups when you login to the group management area for the SSP
space?

https://wiki.jasig.org/customspacemgmt/permissions/custompermissionsmanage.
action?key=SSP

Thanks, Tim

>I've been working on transitioning SSP (Student Success Plan) to a Jasig
>Incubation project. We have one of the two GitHub repositories
>transferred to the Jasig organization [1]. I'm working with Eric Dalquist
>and Jen Bourey to move the second. I expect that effort to be completed
>in short order.
>
>Is now a reasonable time to request official ssp-dev and ssp-user mailing
>lists? Is there anything I can do to assist with their configuration
>and/or advertisement?
>
>Thank you.
>
>- Dan McCallum
>Unicon, Inc
>
>[1] - https://github.com/Jasig/SSP
>--
>You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as:
>[hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

dmccallum
Administrator
I get a "You are not permitted to perform this operation" from that Confluence URL.

FWIW, I tried subscribing via:

and

I get email such as the following as a result:

… snip ...
The following lines in your email message did not appear to be
WiscList ListManager commands and were skipped:

subscribe ssp-dev
-> You did not specify a valid mailing list name to join.

This email message is simply a notification of how WiscList ListManager understood
your email message.  If you want to resend your commands, send
them to [hidden email]
… snip …

- Dan

On Oct 8, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Carroll, Tim wrote:

I believe these mailing lists are already in place.  You may need to check
the memberships.  Can you see the SSP-admins, SSP-developers, and
SSP-users groups when you login to the group management area for the SSP
space?

https://wiki.jasig.org/customspacemgmt/permissions/custompermissionsmanage.
action?key=SSP

Thanks, Tim

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

Cris J Holdorph
The URL you posted Tim, just takes me to a page that says I don't have
permissions to view that page.

I can not find any mention of mailing lists in the SSP space on confluence.

https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/Home

I can not find any mention of the mailing lists on the Jasig mailing
lists confluence page.

https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/Jasig+Mailing+Lists

Where did you see the mailing lists, is this a page that is permission
restricted in some way?

---- Cris J H

On 10/08/2012 05:43 PM, Carroll, Tim wrote:

> I believe these mailing lists are already in place.  You may need to check
> the memberships.  Can you see the SSP-admins, SSP-developers, and
> SSP-users groups when you login to the group management area for the SSP
> space?
>
> https://wiki.jasig.org/customspacemgmt/permissions/custompermissionsmanage.
> action?key=SSP
>
> Thanks, Tim

Hey Cris.  Are you the lead on that project?

Would you like me to move forward with that? Or do you want to? Are you the mentor on that project?

Btw, to get access to the page I referenced earlier, you'll need to be added to the ssp-admin group.  Shall I add you?

Tc

On Oct 10, 2012, at 1:02 PM, "Cris J Holdorph" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The URL you posted Tim, just takes me to a page that says I don't have permissions to view that page.
>
> I can not find any mention of mailing lists in the SSP space on confluence.
>
> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/Home
>
> I can not find any mention of the mailing lists on the Jasig mailing lists confluence page.
>
> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/Jasig+Mailing+Lists
>
> Where did you see the mailing lists, is this a page that is permission restricted in some way?
>
> ---- Cris J H
>
> On 10/08/2012 05:43 PM, Carroll, Tim wrote:
>> I believe these mailing lists are already in place.  You may need to check
>> the memberships.  Can you see the SSP-admins, SSP-developers, and
>> SSP-users groups when you login to the group management area for the SSP
>> space?
>>
>> https://wiki.jasig.org/customspacemgmt/permissions/custompermissionsmanage.
>> action?key=SSP
>>
>> Thanks, Tim

Susan is the incubation committee member associated with that one.  I
definitely don't need to be added.  We can certainly see if Dan McCallum
should be, I'm not certain.

I was just trying to help follow up on this.  Most of it should go
through Susan, but I think we can all help out if it's appropriate.

---- Cris J H

On 10/10/2012 01:43 PM, Carroll, Tim wrote:

> Hey Cris.  Are you the lead on that project?

> Would you like me to move forward with that? Or do you want to? Are you the mentor on that project?
>
> Btw, to get access to the page I referenced earlier, you'll need to be added to the ssp-admin group.  Shall I add you?
>
> Tc
>

> On Oct 10, 2012, at 1:02 PM, "Cris J Holdorph" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The URL you posted Tim, just takes me to a page that says I don't have permissions to view that page.
>>
>> I can not find any mention of mailing lists in the SSP space on confluence.
>>
>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/Home
>>
>> I can not find any mention of the mailing lists on the Jasig mailing lists confluence page.
>>
>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/Jasig+Mailing+Lists
>>
>> Where did you see the mailing lists, is this a page that is permission restricted in some way?
>>
>> ---- Cris J H
>>
>> On 10/08/2012 05:43 PM, Carroll, Tim wrote:
>>> I believe these mailing lists are already in place.  You may need to check
>>> the memberships.  Can you see the SSP-admins, SSP-developers, and
>>> SSP-users groups when you login to the group management area for the SSP
>>> space?
>>>
>>> https://wiki.jasig.org/customspacemgmt/permissions/custompermissionsmanage.
>>> action?key=SSP
>>>
>>> Thanks, Tim

Russ Little is the SSP project lead.

I'm checking on mailing list status as part of a coordinated Unicon/Sinclair effort to make the project as "real" as possible prior to Educause. E.g. I've also been working on satisfying the licensing policy and migrating source code to the Jasig GitHib org.

Thanks for the link to the mailing list request process. I can initiate that process and will work with Russ to make sure my answers to "Questions for new lists" are accurate.

Russ, if you can respond with whether or not you'd like me added to ssp-admins, I'd appreciate it.

- Dan

On Oct 10, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Cris J Holdorph wrote:

> Susan is the incubation committee member associated with that one.  I definitely don't need to be added.  We can certainly see if Dan McCallum should be, I'm not certain.
>
> I was just trying to help follow up on this.  Most of it should go through Susan, but I think we can all help out if it's appropriate.
>
> ---- Cris J H
>
> On 10/10/2012 01:43 PM, Carroll, Tim wrote:
>> Hey Cris.  Are you the lead on that project?

>> Would you like me to move forward with that? Or do you want to? Are you the mentor on that project?
>>
>> Btw, to get access to the page I referenced earlier, you'll need to be added to the ssp-admin group.  Shall I add you?
>>
>> Tc
>>

>> On Oct 10, 2012, at 1:02 PM, "Cris J Holdorph" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The URL you posted Tim, just takes me to a page that says I don't have permissions to view that page.
>>>
>>> I can not find any mention of mailing lists in the SSP space on confluence.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/Home
>>>
>>> I can not find any mention of the mailing lists on the Jasig mailing lists confluence page.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/Jasig+Mailing+Lists
>>>
>>> Where did you see the mailing lists, is this a page that is permission restricted in some way?
>>>
>>> ---- Cris J H

Susan Bramhall
Dan, I should have been acting on your requests.  Sorry for losing the
thread.  Could you make a request using instructions at
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/How+to+request+a+new+email+list?

I did add you to the user and admin groups so you should have access to
change group membership.  Once the lists are in place membership will be
via self subscription though so I don't think you will need this access.

Susan

--
Susan Bramhall
Senior Software Engineer

susan_bramhall.vcf (160 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

dmccallum
Administrator
Russ gave me his answers to the set of questions listed in that Confluence page and I attempted to follow the instructions on that page yesterday, but could not find a Jira project named "Jasig Infrastructure and Services", so I sent an email with our answers to [hidden email].

- Dan

On Oct 17, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Susan Bramhall wrote:

> Dan, I should have been acting on your requests.  Sorry for losing the
> thread.  Could you make a request using instructions at
> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/How+to+request+a+new+email+list?
>
> I did add you to the user and admin groups so you should have access to
> change group membership.  Once the lists are in place membership will be
> via self subscription though so I don't think you will need this access.
>
> Susan
>
> On 10/8/2012 6:21 PM, Daniel McCallum wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been working on transitioning SSP (Student Success Plan) to a Jasig Incubation project. We have one of the two GitHub repositories transferred to the Jasig organization [1]. I'm working with Eric Dalquist and Jen Bourey to move the second. I expect that effort to be completed in short order.
>>
>> Is now a reasonable time to request official ssp-dev and ssp-user mailing lists? Is there anything I can do to assist with their configuration and/or advertisement?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> - Dan McCallum
>> Unicon, Inc
>>
>> [1] - https://github.com/Jasig/SSP
>
> --
> Susan Bramhall
> Senior Software Engineer
> ITS Shared Solutions
> (203) 432-6697
>

> --
> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

Susan Bramhall
I think that will find its way to the right place.  The jira for infrastructure is here: https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CH
Susan

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:03 PM, "Daniel McCallum" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Russ gave me his answers to the set of questions listed in that Confluence page and I attempted to follow the instructions on that page yesterday, but could not find a Jira project named "Jasig Infrastructure and Services", so I sent an email with our answers to [hidden email].
>
> - Dan
>
> On Oct 17, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Susan Bramhall wrote:
>
>> Dan, I should have been acting on your requests.  Sorry for losing the
>> thread.  Could you make a request using instructions at
>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/How+to+request+a+new+email+list?
>>
>> I did add you to the user and admin groups so you should have access to
>> change group membership.  Once the lists are in place membership will be
>> via self subscription though so I don't think you will need this access.
>>
>> Susan
>>
>> On 10/8/2012 6:21 PM, Daniel McCallum wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been working on transitioning SSP (Student Success Plan) to a Jasig Incubation project. We have one of the two GitHub repositories transferred to the Jasig organization [1]. I'm working with Eric Dalquist and Jen Bourey to move the second. I expect that effort to be completed in short order.
>>>
>>> Is now a reasonable time to request official ssp-dev and ssp-user mailing lists? Is there anything I can do to assist with their configuration and/or advertisement?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> - Dan McCallum
>>> Unicon, Inc
>>>
>>> [1] - https://github.com/Jasig/SSP
>>
>> --
>> Susan Bramhall
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> ITS Shared Solutions
>> (203) 432-6697
>>

>> --
>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

dmccallum
Administrator
Thanks.

I get a permissions error from that URL.

If you can add me (dmccallum) to the appropriate groups, I'd be happy to convert my email to a Jira ticket.

On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Bramhall, Susan wrote:

> I think that will find its way to the right place.  The jira for infrastructure is here: https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CH
> Susan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:03 PM, "Daniel McCallum" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Russ gave me his answers to the set of questions listed in that Confluence page and I attempted to follow the instructions on that page yesterday, but could not find a Jira project named "Jasig Infrastructure and Services", so I sent an email with our answers to [hidden email].
>>
>> - Dan
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Susan Bramhall wrote:
>>
>>> Dan, I should have been acting on your requests.  Sorry for losing the
>>> thread.  Could you make a request using instructions at
>>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/JSG/How+to+request+a+new+email+list?
>>>
>>> I did add you to the user and admin groups so you should have access to
>>> change group membership.  Once the lists are in place membership will be
>>> via self subscription though so I don't think you will need this access.
>>>
>>> Susan

>>> --
>>> Susan Bramhall
>>> Senior Software Engineer
>>> ITS Shared Solutions
>>> (203) 432-6697
>>>

>>> --
>>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

Cris J Holdorph
I glanced real quickly at the list of issues open in that jira project
(infrastructure) and they all seem to have been created by a core set of
Jasig members (Eric D., Jonathan, susan, andrew p., aaron G., jim
helwig).  So, I think at some point in the past the intention was that
jira project was only intended for a small set of people to use.  That
would explain the permission error that Dan is seeing.  We should
confirm with the people CURRENTLY working on infrastructure items on
whether they want that jira project open or closed.  If it's going to
continue to be closed, then the notes in confluence should not point the
general public to using it.

---- Cris J H

On 10/17/2012 07:02 PM, Daniel McCallum wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I get a permissions error from that URL.
>
> If you can add me (dmccallum) to the appropriate groups, I'd be happy to convert my email to a Jira ticket.
>
> On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Bramhall, Susan wrote:
>
>> I think that will find its way to the right place.  The jira for infrastructure is here: https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CH
>> Susan
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:03 PM, "Daniel McCallum" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Russ gave me his answers to the set of questions listed in that Confluence page and I attempted to follow the instructions on that page yesterday, but could not find a Jira project named "Jasig Infrastructure and Services", so I sent an email with our answers to [hidden email].
>>>
>>> - Dan

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

dmccallum
Administrator
Haven't seen a reply to my Oct 16 request to [hidden email] for ssp-user and ssp-dev mailing lists so I poked that thread again today. Anything I can do to help move that process along? Would very much like to have the lists set up and documented prior to Educause.

Thanks.

- Dan

On Oct 18, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Cris J Holdorph wrote:

> I glanced real quickly at the list of issues open in that jira project (infrastructure) and they all seem to have been created by a core set of Jasig members (Eric D., Jonathan, susan, andrew p., aaron G., jim helwig).  So, I think at some point in the past the intention was that jira project was only intended for a small set of people to use.  That would explain the permission error that Dan is seeing.  We should confirm with the people CURRENTLY working on infrastructure items on whether they want that jira project open or closed.  If it's going to continue to be closed, then the notes in confluence should not point the general public to using it.
>
> ---- Cris J H
>
> On 10/17/2012 07:02 PM, Daniel McCallum wrote:
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I get a permissions error from that URL.
>>
>> If you can add me (dmccallum) to the appropriate groups, I'd be happy to convert my email to a Jira ticket.
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Bramhall, Susan wrote:
>>
>>> I think that will find its way to the right place.  The jira for infrastructure is here: https://issues.jasig.org/browse/CH
>>> Susan
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad

> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] Mailing Lists for SSP

dmccallum
Administrator
Got a reply from JIm just after sending this. He's on it.