[jasig-incubation] Incubation info on the web site

[jasig-incubation] Incubation info on the web site

Jim Helwig-2
One of my colleagues spoke with me about Jasig incubation. He has been tasked with looking into what options are out there for new HE OS projects that are getting underway and looking for a home. I went to the web site to point him to where he could find out more information about incubation (http://www.jasig.org/jasig-project-incubation) but it really doesn't say much about the process. It more prominent invites you to join this mailing list (which is not what I think we want potential implementees to necessarily do). If you want more information about the process you are invited to send an email to [hidden email] (which really just ends up with Patty or me).

Does it make sense to perhaps revamp that page a bit and at least point to the incubation wiki space (https://wiki.jasig.org/display/INCU/Incubation+Home) which has a lot more information of interest for potential projects. This might be especially important as Sakai folks want to find out more about our process.

If someone wants to provide new copy for that page, they can send it to me to post

JimH

Re: [jasig-incubation] Incubation info on the web site

Susan Bramhall
Hi Jim.  You are probably right that it could use some reworking.  There
is a big header sending you to the process description just down the
page.  See https://wiki.jasig.org/display/INCU/Incubation+Process.
Maybe that is good enough for your colleague.
Susan

--
Susan Bramhall
Senior Solution Architect

susan_bramhall.vcf (160 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [jasig-incubation] Incubation info on the web site

Jim Helwig-2
I previously sent him to the wiki page but that was only because I knew we had documented it somewhere. I just thought I would find a link to it on the web site.