[jasig-incubation] FW: Request for incubation of existing software project - Educause Grant

[jasig-incubation] FW: Request for incubation of existing software project - Educause Grant

Patty Gertz
All,
This email is very interesting. I am also including an excerpt from the
Educause Article Russ referenced:
It seems if it isn't a perfect fit for incubation today we can help it get
there (conversion to open source). Can I set up a conference call between
Russ and members of the incubation team?
By the way, Ira Fuchs is the current head of the NGLC.
Patty
Making SSP available as Open-Source Software
Sinclair recently received a Next Generation Learning Challenge (NGLC) Wave
1 grant to provide the software to other colleges wanting to implement
similar student support systems. The NGLC grant will fund:

.Conversion of the SSP to open-source software
.Creation of an open-source organization to manage the growth and
development of the software
.Creation of a web portal to support the distribution of the software and
management of the open-source community
.Outreach to stimulate colleges to adopt the software
.Building partnerships with colleges and for-profit and nonprofit
organizations to construct a vibrant community around SSP