[jasig-incubation] After incubation

Steve Swinsburg-3
Hi all,

I'm a little unclear as to what needs to happen after a project has met all of the requirements for the incubation process. I am pretty sure both the Sakai connector portlet and Basic LTI portlets are ready to roll... Should we do a peer review to check everything is in order?

https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-23
https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-40

cheers,
Steve

Re: [jasig-incubation] After incubation

Carroll, Timothy Dale
peer review is good, then we send recommendation to the board, and they bless it...

On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:46 AM, "Steve Swinsburg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a little unclear as to what needs to happen after a project has met all of the requirements for the incubation process. I am pretty sure both the Sakai connector portlet and Basic LTI portlets are ready to roll... Should we do a peer review to check everything is in order?
>
> https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-23
> https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-40
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>

> --
> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] After incubation

Susan Bramhall
My only questions are as to how many committers and adopters there are.
Ideally projects don't pop out of incubation until there are
participants and adopters from places other than the contributing
school.  This hasn't been a hard and fast rule but it is defintely in
the spirit of Jasig sponsorship.  Do these portlets have adopters?  Once
that hurdle is passed, we verify that the uPortal steering committee
agrees to "govern" - meaning decide whether to include with the product
etc.  The steering committee structure is a work in progress.  uPortal
handles portlets because it wouldn't make sense for each to have its
own.  We have considered other models though and if/when Jasig and Sakai
merge, more governing models will probably develop.  As soon as the
portlets pass the hurdles, the committee reviews and we recommend to the
board that they become official.
Susan

On 6/26/2012 9:35 AM, Carroll, Tim wrote:

> peer review is good, then we send recommendation to the board, and they bless it...
>

> On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:46 AM, "Steve Swinsburg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm a little unclear as to what needs to happen after a project has met all of the requirements for the incubation process. I am pretty sure both the Sakai connector portlet and Basic LTI portlets are ready to roll... Should we do a peer review to check everything is in order?
>>
>> https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-23
>> https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-40
>>
>> cheers,
>> Steve
>>

>> --
>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Susan Bramhall
Senior Solution Architect
ITS Shared Solutions
(203) 432-6697

susan_bramhall.vcf (160 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [jasig-incubation] After incubation

Steve Swinsburg-3
For these two portlets I've had a number of people contact me saying they are using the portlet. I could perhaps poll the lists to see if I get a response?

cheers,
Steve

On 26/06/2012, at 11:55 PM, Susan Bramhall wrote:

> My only questions are as to how many committers and adopters there are.
> Ideally projects don't pop out of incubation until there are
> participants and adopters from places other than the contributing
> school.  This hasn't been a hard and fast rule but it is defintely in
> the spirit of Jasig sponsorship.  Do these portlets have adopters?  Once
> that hurdle is passed, we verify that the uPortal steering committee
> agrees to "govern" - meaning decide whether to include with the product
> etc.  The steering committee structure is a work in progress.  uPortal
> handles portlets because it wouldn't make sense for each to have its
> own.  We have considered other models though and if/when Jasig and Sakai
> merge, more governing models will probably develop.  As soon as the
> portlets pass the hurdles, the committee reviews and we recommend to the
> board that they become official.
> Susan
>
> On 6/26/2012 9:35 AM, Carroll, Tim wrote:
>> peer review is good, then we send recommendation to the board, and they bless it...
>>

>> On Jun 26, 2012, at 12:46 AM, "Steve Swinsburg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm a little unclear as to what needs to happen after a project has met all of the requirements for the incubation process. I am pretty sure both the Sakai connector portlet and Basic LTI portlets are ready to roll... Should we do a peer review to check everything is in order?
>>>
>>> https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-23
>>> https://issues.jasig.org/browse/INC-40
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Steve
>>>

>>> --
>>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

> Susan Bramhall
> Senior Solution Architect
> ITS Shared Solutions
> (203) 432-6697
>

> --
> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] After incubation

Susan Bramhall
You could poll or, if you know which institutions are using it you could
just update the JIRA.
Susan

On 6/27/2012 10:11 PM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> For these two portlets I've had a number of people contact me saying they are using the portlet. I could perhaps poll the lists to see if I get a response?
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>

> On 26/06/2012, at 11:55 PM, Susan Bramhall wrote:
>
>> My only questions are as to how many committers and adopters there are.
>> Ideally projects don't pop out of incubation until there are
>> participants and adopters from places other than the contributing
>> school.  This hasn't been a hard and fast rule but it is defintely in
>> the spirit of Jasig sponsorship.  Do these portlets have adopters?  Once
>> that hurdle is passed, we verify that the uPortal steering committee
>> agrees to "govern" - meaning decide whether to include with the product
>> etc.  The steering committee structure is a work in progress.  uPortal
>> handles portlets because it wouldn't make sense for each to have its
>> own.  We have considered other models though and if/when Jasig and Sakai
>> merge, more governing models will probably develop.  As soon as the
>> portlets pass the hurdles, the committee reviews and we recommend to the
>> board that they become official.
>> Susan
>>
>> On 6/26/2012 9:35 AM, Carroll, Tim wrote:
>>> peer review is good, then we send recommendation to the board, and they bless it...

>> --
>> Susan Bramhall
>> Senior Solution Architect
>> ITS Shared Solutions
>> (203) 432-6697
>>

>> --
>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Susan Bramhall
Senior Solution Architect
ITS Shared Solutions
(203) 432-6697

susan_bramhall.vcf (160 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [jasig-incubation] After incubation

Jen Bourey-2
We've also discussed distributing the portlets out of the box with uPortal, and I think this might be a great time to get that accomplished.  Steve, maybe you could submit a pull request w/ the maven overlay, etc.?

- Jen

On Jun 27, 2012, at 7:11 PM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> For these two portlets I've had a number of people contact me saying they are using the portlet. I could perhaps poll the lists to see if I get a response?
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>

> On 26/06/2012, at 11:55 PM, Susan Bramhall wrote:
>
>> My only questions are as to how many committers and adopters there are.
>> Ideally projects don't pop out of incubation until there are
>> participants and adopters from places other than the contributing
>> school.  This hasn't been a hard and fast rule but it is defintely in
>> the spirit of Jasig sponsorship.  Do these portlets have adopters?  Once
>> that hurdle is passed, we verify that the uPortal steering committee
>> agrees to "govern" - meaning decide whether to include with the product
>> etc.  The steering committee structure is a work in progress.  uPortal
>> handles portlets because it wouldn't make sense for each to have its
>> own.  We have considered other models though and if/when Jasig and Sakai
>> merge, more governing models will probably develop.  As soon as the
>> portlets pass the hurdles, the committee reviews and we recommend to the
>> board that they become official.
>> Susan
>>
>> On 6/26/2012 9:35 AM, Carroll, Tim wrote:
>>> peer review is good, then we send recommendation to the board, and they bless it...

>> --
>> Susan Bramhall
>> Senior Solution Architect
>> ITS Shared Solutions
>> (203) 432-6697
>>

>> --
>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: [jasig-incubation] After incubation

Steve Swinsburg-3
Good idea Jen, I'll get that ready.

cheers,