cut off date for, process for jasig website content migration

cut off date for, process for jasig website content migration

Andrew Petro
Having an experience analogous to Jen's uMobile website content recent
experience:

I'm trying to figure out after what date content that was added to
www.jasig.org (previous edition) needs to be re-added to www.jasig.org
(new edition).

In particular, I added this deployment

http://www.jasig.org/cas/deployments/imd

on August 15th.  It's not in the new site, but it is in the old site.

http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/cas/deployments/imd

I can copy and paste this content into the new site, but I'm wondering:

1) What was the date after which content needs to be manually migrated, and
2) how hard would it be / could WebCheckWeb take a peek at the old
database and see what changes to registered CAS deployments happened
after that date? :)

Likewise, looks like several news items exist on old www.jasig.org

http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/cas/news

that don't exist on new www.jasig.org

http://www.jasig.org/cas/news

Do I need to be manually copying those over as well?

Not looking to make a mountain out of a molehill -- if the process is I
need to manually copy the content of a few nodes, that's feasible -- but
I'd like to confirm this is the plan before I apply effort.

Andrew

Re: cut off date for, process for jasig website content migration

Jim Helwig-2
It looks like it was around 5/19 when the staged content was created. There are perhaps a couple dozen updates that didn't get copied over. If you have content edit privs, you can browse the content by date for both the new and old sites at
   http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/content_browser
   http://www.jasig.org/content_browser
I meant to do a careful comparison before we went live but failed to do so.

Chuck, if we identify a bunch of individual nodes that we would like copied over, is it easy to do a copy for specific nodes? If not, we'll have to recreate them by hand.

JimH

on 8/23/2011 8:32 AM Andrew Petro said the following:

> Having an experience analogous to Jen's uMobile website content recent experience:
>
> I'm trying to figure out after what date content that was added to www.jasig.org (previous edition) needs to be re-added to www.jasig.org (new edition).
>
> In particular, I added this deployment
>
> http://www.jasig.org/cas/deployments/imd
>
> on August 15th. It's not in the new site, but it is in the old site.
>
> http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/cas/deployments/imd
>
> I can copy and paste this content into the new site, but I'm wondering:
>
> 1) What was the date after which content needs to be manually migrated, and
> 2) how hard would it be / could WebCheckWeb take a peek at the old database and see what changes to registered CAS deployments happened after that date? :)
>

> Likewise, looks like several news items exist on old www.jasig.org
>
> http://www.jasig.webchuckhosting.com/cas/news
>
> that don't exist on new www.jasig.org
>
> http://www.jasig.org/cas/news
>
> Do I need to be manually copying those over as well?
>
> Not looking to make a mountain out of a molehill -- if the process is I need to manually copy the content of a few nodes, that's feasible -- but I'd like to confirm this is the plan before I apply effort.
>
> Andrew

Re: cut off date for, process for jasig website content migration

Chuck Crandall
Jim,

Unfortunately, it's easier to copy/paste by hand than try to extract individual nodes from the DB.

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Crandall
WebChuck Web
(801) 939-3246
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:58 AM, Jim Helwig <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ok.

I slurped that report of content modified in the old jasig.org website after the cutoff date into a Confluence page so that the process of examining each item and doing something intelligent with it can be tracked to completion:

https://wiki.jasig.org/display/WEB/2011+Website+post-launch+recent+content+migration

When I have time I'll work through the CAS-related items on that list.  Tomorrow looks better than today.

Andrew