UP-2921: Donate Fluid portlet CSS improvements back to Fluid project

UP-2921: Donate Fluid portlet CSS improvements back to Fluid project

Gary Thompson-4
Hey,

I wanted to give an update on the work being done for UP-2921. This work has two parts, 1) to make improvements to FSS (which uPortal uses as the base for skins), and 2) to donate uPortal's portlet.css to the Fluid community to become part of FSS.

The Fluid team has been addressing #1 in their current Infusion 1.4 work. You can see the roadmap here:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/FSS+1.4+-+1.5+Roadmap

I have been working on #2, which is also FLUID-4024:

I finished a first pass of the FSS portlet CSS work yesterday and attached it to the issue (fss-portlet-css.zip):
http://issues.fluidproject.org/secure/attachment/11660/fluid-portlet-css.zip

Once unzipped, launch "fss_portlet.html". I tried to document the portlet css with an html mock portal and some static examples from uPortal. Under the hood, the css files to be considered are "fss-layout-portlet" and "fss-theme-portlet".

Please take a look at it and let me know your feedback.

Thanks,

Gary