Thinking about Open Apereo

Jim Helwig-3
Hi all,
The schedule has been posted for the Open Apereo conference in early June:

There are over 60 items on the schedule with close to a dozen workshops and presentations around uPortal and related technologies. We are planning on a few uPortal roundtable discussions. One that is already slotted for Tuesday is a look at what a post-portlet version of uPortal might mean. We have two other roundtable sessions that do not yet have a focus.

What would you be interested in discussing at those? I would like to add a general focus topic to each of the remaining Wednesday roundtable discussions.

Also, registration is open, so sign up now!

JimH

—
Jim Helwig
Web Platforms & Services, UW-Madison

Re: Thinking about Open Apereo

Andrew Petro-3
I'm not planning on attending Open Apereo 2019.

That being said, my thoughts:

post-Portlet uPortal seems important, urgent, and strategic.

Otherwise, a valuable thing that can come from the conference is brokering collaborations on specific open source software products. What shared needs do uPortal adopters have that could be fulfilled via software products developed collaboratively and in the open? Or via shared insights and practices for applying existing open source software products to the needs of higher education portals?

I suspect those two topics are closely related. post-Portlet uPortal would be made up of open source software products, some developed collaboratively and in the open, and some already existing. :)

I hope including some fine microservices implemented in Clojure. :)

-Andrew