SmartLDAP howto?

Benito Gonzalez-2
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a handy SmartLDAP how-to doc for uPortal 5? I have a client asking for help. Wondering if someone has already written something up.

Thanks in advance,
--bjagg

--
Benito J. Gonzalez
Software Developer

Re: SmartLDAP howto?

Julien Gribonvald

Hi Benito,

I'm using it a lot* , but I don't have a doc as it's only defining a spring bean with a ldapContext, else I can help if someone need.

Also see my issue on : https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/issues/2141 where your add, on introducing ContextMapper, broke the use of AttributeMapper due to a cernunnos bug (I believe) ! I can provide a way to avoid it in continuing to use AttributeMapper conf (which is faster of 2s to load all groups on my case, which is really important).

Julien

*: 40 000 groups inside LDAP which are published by a custom LDAPPC from internet2-grouper, really faster than the use of the grouper-cli.

Le 22/10/2020 à 00:17, Benito Gonzalez a écrit :
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a handy SmartLDAP how-to doc for uPortal 5? I have a client asking for help. Wondering if someone has already written something up.

Thanks in advance,
--bjagg

--
Benito J. Gonzalez
Software Developer
Unicon, Inc.
Voice:  209.777.2754
 Text:  209.777.2754
GitHub:  bjagg
GitLab:  bjagg
BitBucket:  bjagg

Re: SmartLDAP howto?

Jackson, Allan

I would also be interested in any documentation that comes out of this. Also, is there a good explanation anywhere of exactly what SmartLDAP is and how it works? I have a vague idea what it is, and I suspect it would greatly simplify some of our config, but I want to make sure I understand exactly what it means.

Thanks,

Allan

From: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 2:21 AM
To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [uportal-user] SmartLDAP howto?

[...]

Email:  [hidden email]

GitHub:  bjagg

GitLab:  bjagg

BitBucket:  bjagg

Julien Gribonvald

Re: SmartLDAP howto?

Benito Gonzalez-2
I am working on some basic documentation and a blog. Should have the doc out next week.

[hidden email] we should find some time to work out those issues in November.

Have a great weekend,
--bjagg

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 5:34 AM Jackson, Allan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would also be interested in any documentation that comes out of this. Also, is there a good explanation anywhere of exactly what SmartLDAP is and how it works? I have a vague idea what it is, and I suspect it would greatly simplify some of our config, but I want to make sure I understand exactly what it means.

Thanks,

Allan

Re: SmartLDAP howto?

Julien Gribonvald

Hi folks,

I can help in the documentation effort ;) Just ask us some questions to do more than a simple installation documentation.

@Benito: yes we should, I'm full these two next weeks but I can provide some elements and help at least a bit.

--

Julien

Le 24/10/2020 à 01:23, Benito Gonzalez a écrit :
I am working on some basic documentation and a blog. Should have the doc out next week.

[hidden email] we should find some time to work out those issues in November.

Have a great weekend,
--bjagg

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 5:34 AM Jackson, Allan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would also be interested in any documentation that comes out of this. Also, is there a good explanation anywhere of exactly what SmartLDAP is and how it works? I have a vague idea what it is, and I suspect it would greatly simplify some of our config, but I want to make sure I understand exactly what it means.

Thanks,

Allan

Re: SmartLDAP howto?

Benito Gonzalez-2
I am most of the way done with a SmartLDAP client request. Will get some documentation out of this effort. We can review it when I submit a PR. Does that sound like a plan?

Also, can you add a GitHub ticket to the portlet you want a release, Julien? Easier to track than email.

Thanks!
-bjagg

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 3:44 AM Julien Gribonvald <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

That's ok for me Benito ;)

I will complete if I see something.

--

Julien