Return uid in attribute list?

Mike Osterman
Hello,

We're new to "modern" CAS (moving from 3.x to 5.x), and have run into an issue. We configured an attribute release filter to return mail & uid:

"attributeReleasePolicy" : {
"@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnAllowedAttributeReleasePolicy",
"allowedAttributes" : [ "java.util.ArrayList", [ "mail", "uid" ] ]
}

But for some reason, the response is coming back with only "mail" in the attribute list and the uid listed as property called "id":

principal=SimplePrincipal(id=username, attributes={mail=[username@whitman.edu]}),requiredAttributes={}

I found this reference to the "principalIdAttribute" that states "By default, the principal id is NOT released as an attribute."

I can see where we have it listed as principalIdAttribute in our config:
cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributeId=uid

So I can see why it's mapping to the principal id and would not release by default, but I can't discern from the documentation how to change the default behavior to release it as part of the attribute list.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

Re: Return uid in attribute list?

Mike Osterman
Also, if this is the incorrect list for this question, can you please indicate for which CAS list this question is better suited?

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 7:43:35 PM UTC-7, Mike Osterman wrote:
Hello,

We're new to "modern" CAS (moving from 3.x to 5.x), and have run into an issue. We configured an attribute release filter to return mail & uid:

"attributeReleasePolicy" : {
"@class" : "org.apereo.cas.services.ReturnAllowedAttributeReleasePolicy",
"allowedAttributes" : [ "java.util.ArrayList", [ "mail", "uid" ] ]
}

But for some reason, the response is coming back with only "mail" in the attribute list and the uid listed as property called "id":

principal=SimplePrincipal(id=username, attributes={mail=[[hidden email]]}),requiredAttributes={}