Re: [uportal-user] Microservice for banner messages, in Clojure

Re: [uportal-user] Microservice for banner messages, in Clojure

Andrew Petro-3
I'm not currently fastidious about adding license and headers to source files in this specific project.

It has a LICENSE file and the README mentions the license. That's probably enough for good faith participants to understand the licensing. That said, more thoroughly applying the licensing is still an item in the TODO file.

There are two (2) source files. I suppose I could manually paste something at the top of each. I'd anticipate that manual approach would scale just fine. I don't have the general case of this problem, just maybe the specific case of getting it right for the files I have. Even taking this supporting Clojure microservice approach to wild success, how many files are we really talking about here? :)

My understanding is that, yes, Apereo's licensing practices would require each source file to include licensing information in its header. That is, after all, what the Apache2 license itself instructs.

-Andrew

On Monday, February 18, 2019 at 4:23:53 PM UTC-6, bgonzalez wrote:
Hey Andrew,

I'm exciting to see Clojure in the uPortal space.

Sinclair added some 'alerts' to their uPortal-Home instance. It simply consumed a feed from the NotificationsPortlet.

How are you handling LICENSE and headers to source files? I found a few Leiningen plugins to help with LICENSE, NOTICE, and README.md copyright; however, there seemed no available solutions for adding license info to top of source. Is this even needed for Apereo projects?

Best,
--bjagg