Re: uPortal, node, and glibc

Benito J. Gonzalez-2
Hi Allan,

Someone pointed out that RHEL 6 is EoL. Is there any chance you can convince Ops and higher-ups to upgrade?

An alternative is to have Ops add glibc 2.17 as a custom package. Depending on your RHEL environment, there should be a way to add custom packages across servers easily.

uPortal-start is meant to manage versions for your local needs. If the above are not practical at your institution, then by all means tweak uPortal-start to work for you. Again, I would pursue modernizing your environment as the better, long-term goal. But for now, you have this option.

Hope this helps,
--bjagg