Re: uPortal 5 : dynamic skin too slow

Jérôme Nenert

No problem with static skin using skin.xml.

After some investigations, the problem is "flash of unstyled content"
("FOUC").

This hack solved the issue :

1) respondr.xsl

2) CSS

html {
     visibility: visible;
     opacity: 1;

Any other idea ?

Jérôme Nenert <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> uPortal-start using defaultSkin, browser: Firefox
>
> Dynamic skin takes too slow : a user can quickly see a no css page
> just before seeing the regular page with defaultSkin ( tested on the
> welcome page, but can be seen on any tabs when logged in ).
>
> Any optimization that could help ?
>
> Regards.
>
> Jerome NENERT
> D.S.I.
> Université Panthéon-Assas

> send an email to [hidden email].
> https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/uportal-dev/20191016172119.Horde.noh3mdxNxKRxiJCUQrKcizz%40courriel.u-paris2.fr.

Re: uPortal 5 : dynamic skin too slow

Benito J. Gonzalez-2
What a great thread! Thank you for having this discussion for all of us to benefit.

Best,
--bjagg

Re: uPortal 5 : dynamic skin too slow

Jérôme Nenert

Hi Julien,

I've tested with a higher precedence on a specific DLM for dynamic
skin, but still experiencing FOUC. Even tried with only 2 layouts (
guest and dynamic-skin ), same result. ( tested on Firefox )

Jerome