Re: jQuery update in uPortal core

Christian Murphy
Hey Allan!

This would be good to get patched.

> I considered just doing a pull-request with the newer jQuery and jQuery-migrate, but I didn’t know if there was any other process in place or some specific reason why it hadn’t been updated already.

There was some previous interest in updating jQuery 1.12, even a PR, but the PR is stalled pending an answer on an ICLA question. https://github.com/Jasig/resource-server/pull/78
Either a fresh PR or a resolution on the pending PR would be a good way to get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Christian Murphy

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 11:16 AM Jackson, Allan <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was wondering if there’s an established process for updating jQuery in the core uPortal project. There’s a bug in 1.11 that prevents many of our custom portlets from running correctly, and it’s fixed in 1.12 (https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/issues/84). For the time being, I’ve overlaid the skin file where jQuery is imported and updated it to version 1.12.4, but long-term I’d really rather not overlay that file at all.

I considered just doing a pull-request with the newer jQuery and jQuery-migrate, but I didn’t know if there was any other process in place or some specific reason why it hadn’t been updated already. In my (brief) testing, I didn’t see any issues with the update, and 1.12 is not supposed to contain any breaking changes anyway.

Thanks,

Allan