Re: iframe autorized attributes

Julien Gribonvald

Thanks Christian,

Good points, I think that I will go on the CMS portlet as iframe portlet doesn't seem to have a futur... ;)

After to remove portlets there is again a lot of work to do ! I can't justify anymore new developpments expect on working at free time. I have to move on other projects so ...

On an other part if someone tell that a refresh on iframe portlet should be done I can make a PR that will add all missing attributes.

Regards,

Julien

Le 21/11/2018 à 20:58, Christian Murphy a écrit :
> Is there a reason why the property "allowfullscreen" isn't on the list of authorized ?

Mainly because it hadn't been requested until now.
Simple content portlet with an iframe tag inside, suits the needs of many adopters.
Iframe portlet hasn't needed an update in a while.

> Let me know if there is a reason or not, I could update the properties list and make a Pull Request.

I have no objections to adding the attribute.
Though as a whole I would recommend moving away from portlets, in favor of plain HTML and web components.
If iframe portlet is going to continue to be used, it could be good to also add support and sensible defaults for "referrerpolicy", "sandbox", and "allow".

Best Regards,

Christian Murphy

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:49 AM Julien Gribonvald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

I have a question about iframe tag properties that are autorized into
uPortal. Is there a reason why the property "allowfullscreen" isn't on
the list of autorized ? Whatch here about autorized attributes :
https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/uPortal-portlets/src/main/java/org/apereo/portal/portlets/iframe/IFramePortletController.java#L41

The "allowfullscreen" can be usefull for video.

For html available attributes you can watch here :
https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe