Re: Some Portlets Mandatory while Others Optional?

Re: Some Portlets Mandatory while Others Optional?

Benito Gonzalez-2
Hi Ryan,

Yes, you can set some content as fixed and other content as optional. I assume you are familiar with the DLM fragment system -- at least the part where a "layout fragment" is one or more tabs with portlets on them. As you noted, you can set some to be movable and or removable. This is the key. Columns can also be locked in a similar way. Once you have it configured as needed, export the layout. You will see the attributes needed to effect these permissions.

Best,
-bjagg

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 8:36 AM 'Ryan Richter' via uPortal Community <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Right now we have a pretty static portal with most of the customization options hidden via CSS.

We'd like to move towards a more dynamic uPortal and allow user customization giving them the built-in ability to remove/move/subscribe to portlets.

But we would like to make certain portlets "mandatory." Is there a good way to accomplish that? I can see the "immutable" and "unremovable" attributes in the fragment layout definition. But I also see that they are no longer used.

Any help isĀ appreciated. Thank you!

-Ryan