Re: SSP Question

dmccallum
Administrator

On Feb 17, 2016, at 17:08, Jovian Almada <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Sir,

I follow the SSP 2.7 installation to the letter... even ironing out obscure little hidden tidbits like defaultLanguage=eng in the ssp-config.properties and I still run into the same errors no matter what I do.. a snippet of my localhost log from Tomcat is at the bottom..

It would seem to me anyone compiling the code right now and following the instructions as they are would be experiencing the same problems, I have a feeling when it is fetching portions from the repository it's possibly not getting everything it needs to be a complete system.

Any help or resources to finding these answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your  time,

-Jovian

Feb 18, 2016 9:38:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'apiPermissionsService': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private org.jasig.portal.security.IAuthorizationService org.jasig.portal.api.permissions.ApiPermissionsService.authorizationService; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'authorizationService': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire method: public void

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at www.marianas.edu.

This message and any attachments may contain proprietary and, or confidential information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.

Re: SSP Question

Jovian Almada
To elaborate, I have been trying this for about a month, dumped and reformatted to start from scratch several times, tried Linux and Windows (mostly windows) and always get the same errors in the same spot. I have also tried using 2.6 since I saw a mention of git repository locations changing on version 2.7 onward but still didn't change anything. I have scoured through the ssp-config.properties and ssp-platform-config.properties so many times trying to check for spelling, spacing any kind of error I could find.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 17:08, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="fX-yJ8fhFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jovian...@...> wrote:

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at <a href="http://www.marianas.edu/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA&#39;;return true;">www.marianas.edu.

This message and any attachments may contain proprietary and, or confidential information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at www.marianas.edu.

This message and any attachments may contain proprietary and, or confidential information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.

Re: SSP Question

dmccallum
Administrator
Probably helpful if you attach or link to the entire log file.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 17:08, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="fX-yJ8fhFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;" class="">jovian...@...> wrote:

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at <a href="http://www.marianas.edu/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA';return true;" class="">www.marianas.edu.

This message and any attachments may contain proprietary and, or confidential information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at www.marianas.edu.

This message and any attachments may contain proprietary and, or confidential information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.

localhost.2016-02-18.log (237K) Download Attachment

Re: SSP Question

dmccallum
Administrator
This mean anything to you?

...snip...
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Context namespace element 'component-scan' and its parser class [org.springframework.context.annotation.ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser] are only available on JDK 1.5 and higher
...snip...

I'd have to guess you're on an ancient JDK. SSP requires Java 1.7 starting with SSP release 2.6.0

On Feb 17, 2016, at 18:22, Jovian Almada <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

localhost.2016-02-18.log (239K) Download Attachment

Re: SSP Question

Jovian Almada
Since I do so much troubleshooting (which is why I clear the log) this was after I had allowed the update for the JRE 1.8 to go through and it gave the 1.5 error message. I reverted back to 1.79 and now it's back to old faithful.

I will attach here.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 18:22, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="6M62SpHpFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jovian...@...> wrote:

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at <a href="http://www.marianas.edu/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA&#39;;return true;">www.marianas.edu.

[...]

localhost.2016-02-18.log (53K) Download Attachment

Re: SSP Question

dmccallum
Administrator
,..snip...
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
...snip...

You need more perm gen.

Was quite a while back, but I usually ran a dev env with:

  -Xms2G -Xmx2G -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

On Feb 17, 2016, at 18:22, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="6M62SpHpFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;" class="">jovian...@...> wrote:

Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at <a href="http://www.marianas.edu/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNGIl3kU57Dknc-pDaO0ZcoVnatHJA';return true;" class="">www.marianas.edu.

localhost.2016-02-18.log (54K) Download Attachment

Re: SSP Question

dmccallum
Administrator
Could try just continually cranking up the values. But probably it's not finding your setenv.bat or its malformed somehow.

Don't really know what to tell you on Windows on how to tell directly whether it's being picked up or not. Could try setting MaxPermSize or other opts to absurd values which should cause the JVM to fail to start up.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 19:41, Jovian Almada <jovian...@marianas.edu> wrote:

[...]

The setenv.bat is what the app looks for in the tomcat bin folder. I put the settings at set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms2G -Xmx2G -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=600m but it's giving the same errors. If it is related to this, I really don't know how it could get that high. One step of the process I was still uncertain of is when I compile the I use ant -Dmaven.test.skip=true clean initportal from within the directory c:\ssp\ssp-local where all the code and config scripts are located...
I'm wondering if I'm supposed to specify a target location of some sort. I wouldn't think so since all variables are set... but I'm open to anything at this point.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 19:50, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="x-CCRxPrFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jovian...@...> wrote:

On Feb 17, 2016, at 19:41, Jovian Almada <jovian...@<a href="http://marianas.edu/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fmarianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHE1LjSp6ZGJVeN4SGJh64Eszd40g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fmarianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHE1LjSp6ZGJVeN4SGJh64Eszd40g&#39;;return true;">marianas.edu> wrote:

[...]

Your problem is perm gen space. Set CATALINA_OPTS to something nonsensical - like syntactic gibberish or request a perm size of 1024G - to see if the JVM bombs out. If not, you know Tomcat's not finding your file.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 19:50, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="x-CCRxPrFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;" class="">jovian...@...> wrote:

On Feb 17, 2016, at 19:41, Jovian Almada <jovian...@<a href="http://marianas.edu/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fmarianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHE1LjSp6ZGJVeN4SGJh64Eszd40g';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fmarianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHE1LjSp6ZGJVeN4SGJh64Eszd40g';return true;" class="">marianas.edu> wrote:

[...]

So focusing exclusively on perm gen, I was able to get it to run by entering settings in java options in "tomcat6w" at -Xms1024M, -Xmx1024M,-XX:PermSize=256m, -XX:MaxPermSize=384m

You were correct, it's apparently not seeing setenv.bat. The environment variable is correct, so I'm not sure what the problem is... but at this stage it's not something we'll need to be concerned about.

I'm following up with this to let people know this is what worked for me, in case anyone else experiences a similar issue.

Thank you for your help.

On Feb 17, 2016, at 22:21, Jovian Almada <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="vCmZa6PzFQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jovian...@...> wrote:

On Feb 17, 2016, at 19:41, Jovian Almada <jovian...@<a href="http://marianas.edu/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fmarianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHE1LjSp6ZGJVeN4SGJh64Eszd40g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fmarianas.edu%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHE1LjSp6ZGJVeN4SGJh64Eszd40g&#39;;return true;">marianas.edu> wrote: