Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Christian Murphy
> Anyone have time / access to release uPortal-web-components tomorrow (1/15)?

I have another release coming up, the earliest I could look into this would be next week.

> I fear that only Christian M. can do it

There are a few people with NPM release access, including the UW team, Drew, Benito and Chris Beach.

> else if someone can provide me rights

Andrew Petro, Drew, and Benito are the three people who can grant access, that I know of (there may be others).

> explain me how to do with lerna

Best Regards,

Christian Murphy

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 1:32 AM Julien Gribonvald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Benito,

Yes a release would be appreciated, I don't know (I didn't whatch) how
to make a release with lerna and more I don't think that I have access
to uPortal npm repo. I fear that only Christian M. can do it, else if
someone can provide me rights, explain me how to do with lerna, provide
me the way to do it I would be able to run it next time !

Julien

--
Julien Gribonvald

Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Benito J. Gonzalez-2
Hi folks,

I have an urgent need for a release, so will knock it out quickly. We should onboard Julien and committers that are interested in knowing how to release soon. Maybe this can be part of the uPortal Winter Summit?

Best,

Benito J. Gonzalez
Senior Software Developer
Unicon, Inc.
Voice:  209.777.2754
 Text:  209.777.2754
[hidden email]
GitHub:  bjagg
BitBucket:  bjagg

--
Julien Gribonvald

Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Benito J. Gonzalez-2
Note https://github.com/uPortal-contrib/uPortal-web-components/blob/master/docs/en/developer/RELEASE.md

… assumes that (undocumented) prerequisites are met and that a clone of the official repo is used with the official repo set as ‘upstream’.

Hope this helps!

Benito J. Gonzalez
Senior Software Developer
Unicon, Inc.
Voice:  209.777.2754
 Text:  209.777.2754
[hidden email]
GitHub:  bjagg
BitBucket:  bjagg

--
Julien Gribonvald

Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Christian Murphy
> … assumes that (undocumented) prerequisites are met and that a clone of the official repo is used with the official repo set as ‘upstream’.

A PR to better articulate the prerequisites would be welcome!

Best Regards,

Christian Murphy

--
Julien Gribonvald

Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Andrew Petro-3
Okay. Invited you [1]. Apparently this is a multi-step process wherein first you accept the invitation and then I up-privilege it. So, accept the invite, and let me know. Thanks.

-Andrew

[1]: https://www.npmjs.com/settings/uportal/members

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 10:41:36 AM UTC-6, Julien Gribonvald wrote:

Hi Andrew,

my npm username is jgribonvald.

Thanks for the rights !

- Julien

Le 21/01/2020 à 17:19, 'Andrew Petro' via uPortal Developers a écrit :
Hi Julien,

Yes. You're a uPortal committer [1]  so you're welcome to NPM privileges on request [2].

For the avoidance of doubt: what's your NPM username? I'll grant that username NPM admin on the uPortal web components NPM org.

-Andrew

[1]: <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#who-are-the-committers-github-username" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23who-are-the-committers-github-username\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG3XmR0QYVncRjhC0cHH8coBMGA3g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23who-are-the-committers-github-username\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG3XmR0QYVncRjhC0cHH8coBMGA3g&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#who-are-the-committers-github-username
[2]: <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#whats-a-committer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23whats-a-committer\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEqTWFWDmnTa10gQCLqCEH5uuFRaw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23whats-a-committer\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEqTWFWDmnTa10gQCLqCEH5uuFRaw&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#whats-a-committer

On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 3:18:30 AM UTC-6, Julien Gribonvald wrote:
> I fear that only Christian M. can do it

There are a few people with NPM release access, including the UW team, Drew, Benito and Chris Beach.

> else if someone can provide me rights

Andrew Petro, Drew, and Benito are the three people who can grant access, that I know of (there may be others).

Is it possible that someone grant me NPM accesses ?

Thanks,

Julien

Re: Request for uPortal-web-components release

Julien Gribonvald

Hi,

It seems that I forgot to prvode a feedback on my rights :-! all seems good as I've deployed a new version 1.34.0 of uPortal-web-components.

On an other side is it possible to get rights on OSSRH to help in deploying new release of portlets, as example for the email-preview that doesn't get a release since several years whereas several commit where done since that time ?

My OSSRH account is jgribonvald.

Thanks,

- Julien

[1]: <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#who-are-the-committers-github-username" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23who-are-the-committers-github-username\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG3XmR0QYVncRjhC0cHH8coBMGA3g';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23who-are-the-committers-github-username\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNG3XmR0QYVncRjhC0cHH8coBMGA3g';return true;" moz-do-not-send="true">https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#who-are-the-committers-github-username
[2]: <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#whats-a-committer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23whats-a-committer\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEqTWFWDmnTa10gQCLqCEH5uuFRaw';return true;" onclick="this.href='https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FuPortal%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2FCOMMITTERS.md%23whats-a-committer\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEqTWFWDmnTa10gQCLqCEH5uuFRaw';return true;" moz-do-not-send="true">https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal/blob/master/docs/COMMITTERS.md#whats-a-committer