Re: Google SSO Redirect After Login

JJ Fila
Hi all,

I ended up running into this same issue in a previous post, and I thought I would try to keep things categorized correctly by posting here:

I was able to get the correct url, but am facing an issue where I can't redirect because cookies are not turned on (even though they are). I am wondering if there is a setting in uPortal that prevents external redirects, or prevents storing cookies from another website, or something like that?

Thanks!
JJ

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 11:06:39 AM UTC-4, JJ Fila wrote:
I am trying to get Google SSO to work in uPortal 4.3, and am currently implementing the workflow where:

1. User uses email with our domain to login into google service
2. Google redirects them to our portal website to login
3. We authenticate them
4. We redirect them back to google

I am on step 4, and am not sure where to make that change for the final redirect. There is an HttpSession variable RelayState that contains the location of the redirect. I'm just not sure how to use it after the user logs in? Is there a login file I can modify that tells where to send the user after a successful authentication?

Re: Google SSO Redirect After Login

JJ Fila
Update on this:

So this may be a obvious question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I was able to forward from a java servlet to "/Login" using the following code:

RequestDispatcher rd= request.getRequestDispatcher("/Login");

rd.forward(request, response);

However this runs the code in LoginController, and as far as I can tell that code is intended to be run after the user makes a login attempt.

I noticed you can redirect to the login portlet using this url: portal.myschool.edu/uPortal/f/u28l1s1000/normal/render.uP?pCt=login.u28l1n1105

However when I try to forward to that page it fails:

RequestDispatcher rd= request.getRequestDispatcher("/f/u28l1s1000/normal/render.uP?pCt=login.u28l1n1105");

rd.forward(request, response);

Does anyone know which url to use to redirect to the login page?

Thanks!
JJ