Re: Disable portal subscription based on fragment?

Re: Disable portal subscription based on fragment?

Daniel Rodziewicz
I have made a portlet that is intended as the content for our left-sidebar region. I would like to restrict the portlet such that it cannot be added to the main content area.

Thanks

Dan

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 12:36:56 PM UTC-6, awills wrote:
On 10/11/2018 11:29 AM, Daniel Rodziewicz wrote:
> Is it possible to disable subscription to a portlet on a per fragment
> basis?

Maybe, but can you fill in a few details?...

Remove a portlet entirely from a fragment?

   - Absolutely.  Just remove the <channel> element and re-import the
fragment-layout.xml

Allow users to add portlets to a fragment, but only from a restricted list?

   - No, not currently (though favorites has this feature).

Is this a feature you might be interested in contributing?  Would you
like some help implementing it?

drew

Re: Disable portal subscription based on fragment?

Drew Wills
On 10/11/2018 12:03 PM, Daniel Rodziewicz wrote:
> That's perfect. Do I change the permissions in the admin tools
> interface or do I have to change the portlet-definition.xml?

You _should_ change the portlet-definition.xml file (and commit/push it,
when you're happy) so that other people & environments will receive your
data change.

In the environment you're working in (local, I assume), you can easily
change it in the Portlet Manager.

drew