Re: Authorization error in uPortal admin tools

Re: Authorization error in uPortal admin tools

Lauren Anderson

After more troubleshooting, I don’t think it has anything to do with the CSRF token. That generates a different error. The architecture of the uPortal deployment to the cloud is different than my local one. The problem must lie there.

Lauren

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of Lauren Anderson <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, October 15, 2018 at 3:55 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [uportal-dev] Authorization error in uPortal admin tools

Does anyone know why I would get this error when I try to impersonate a user in User Administration?

Access to mybyu-dev.byu.edu was denied

You don't have authorization to view this page.

HTTP ERROR 403

I get the same error when trying to modify portlet settings in Portlet Administration and click on the Save button. This happens on our cloud server, but it does not happen on my localhost server.

I think maybe the endpoint that processes the request does not like the CSRF token, but I don’t know. I haven’t the slightest idea how to troubleshoot this.  Here are the requests:

User Administration > Impersonate > Default Profile:

https://mybyu-dev.byu.edu/uPortal/p/user-administration.ctf2/max/action.uP?_csrf=4fc87163-0dbc-4915-b508-21369574adcb&pP_execution=e1s5&pP__eventId=swap

Portlet Administration > (make a change) > Save button:

https://mybyu-dev.byu.edu/uPortal/p/portlet-admin.ctf3/max/action.uP?_csrf=4fc87163-0dbc-4915-b508-21369574adcb&pP_execution=e1s2

Any ideas?

Lauren