Pure Java CAS (SSO) Rest Client

Miroslav Nachev
I am looking for example how to connect to CAS/SSO server with pure java client (JDK 8) using javax.ws.rs or HttpUrlConnection.
In the future, the app can migrate to Web Client (Tomcat, JEE, OSGi, or MicroServices) but at this moment I want to use pure Java. Most examples are for a Web Client and I can not find a working example for JDK and Rest.

The goal is to automate most of the activities currently being manually done.

The sources I use for information are:
Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.