Permission Granularity - Portlet Management

Permission Granularity - Portlet Management

Ryan Richter-2
Is there a way to get permissions granular enough to create a situation where I have specific users or groups that have permissions to modify the content of a specific Advanced CMS portlet but no other portlets and no other admin access?

We'd like to delegate managing some of our content but I don't see a way to do this in the Admin UI.

Thanks,
-Ryan

Re: Permission Granularity - Portlet Management

Benito Gonzalez-2
Hi Ryan,

To grant access to a limited group for editing CMS content, you would add lines similar to the following in the portlet definition:

    <permissions>
        <permission system="UP_PORTLET_SUBSCRIBE" activity="BROWSE">
            <group>Everyone</group>
        </permission>
        <permission system="UP_PORTLET_PUBLISH" activity="PORTLET_MODE_CONFIG">
            <group>Portal Administrators</group>
        </permission>
    </permissions>
     <parameter>
          <name>configurable</name>
          <value>true</value>
     </parameter>

As an alternative from the UI, you would use the Portlet Administration tool, edit the portlet, check "configurable" box in Controls in the upper right. Then add the group you want to allow editing to the Principals list, make sure to check "Configure?" (assuming a modern uPortal version). Then, click on "Save" at the bottom. Note, you will probably want to use the Cache Manager to flush the caches for this to take effect quickly.

Hope this helps!
-bjagg