Patty Gertz Appointed as Jasig Interim Executive Director

Patty Gertz Appointed as Jasig Interim Executive Director

Haeusser, Jens

Community Members,

Last month, I wrote to inform you that Jonathan Markow was stepping down as Jasig Executive Director, effective February 28th, 2011. It is with great pleasure that, on behalf of the Jasig Board of Directors, I am today announcing that Patty Gertz will be assuming the role of Interim Executive Director, effective March 1st, 2011.

Patty has had a long relationship with the Jasig community. An active participant for many years, Patty served as a member of the Jasig Board of Directors from 2002-2007, as well as chairing the Jasig conference in 2000 and 2003. Patty has also had a long and distinguished career in Higher Education IT, recently retiring as Director of Development Information Systems after a 30 year career at Princeton University.

As Interim Executive Director, Patty will help ensure the growth and long term success of the Jasig community. After playing an instrumental role with the original incorporation of Jasig as a non-profit organization back in 2005,  Patty is uniquely placed to help oversee our discussions with the Sakai community, as well as working to strengthen and grow our existing community projects.

Patty will be an active participant at the upcoming Jasig conference this May in Denver, and is looking forward to meeting many of you in person. She can also be reached by email at [hidden email] , and is always eager to hear from our community members.

Jens Haeusser

Chair, Jasig Board of Directors