Need help in employing DDS Data Importer

Need help in employing DDS Data Importer

Tejas Sutar
Hi folks,
I want to understand how SSP Data Importer works before I use it as a periodically running program in my project. I am using SSP version 2.5.2 installed on Windows machine. Below is the thread on GitHub which I am referring to understand SSP Data Importer:
https://github.com/Jasig/ssp-data-importer
The problem is when I run runJob.bat file it shows a message like "'-Dbatch.jdbc.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver' is not recognized as an internal or external command" (Refer console.txt attached.)
Could anybody point out what I am missing? Any help greatly appreciated. I've attached runJob.bat for your reference. Thanks.
---
To unsubscribe, change settings or access archives, see http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/JSG/ssp-dev

console.txt (2K) Download Attachment
runJob.bat (8K) Download Attachment

Re: Need help in employing DDS Data Importer

dmccallum
Administrator
*** WiscMail warning: attached executable file was renamed ***
*
* Attached to this message is an executable file or an archive
* that contains an executable file.  The attachment has been
* renamed for your protection.
*
* The file was scanned by the WiscMail anti-virus scanners and
* no threat was found.  However, executable files should be
* treated with great caution.  It's possible for viruses to
* slip through undetected in the minutes before anti-virus
* definitions are published.
*
* Please confirm with the sender that the file was sent
* intentionally, and that the file is safe to run before
* renaming the file by removing the "_renamed" from the end of
* the filename.
*
* For more information and support, please visit the following
* link to the DoIT Help Desk
*
* http://kb.wisc.edu/wiscmail/page.php?id=6056
*
Your 'set' command is spanning multiple lines. Make it one line or try explicitly escaping the line breaks [1].

Don't put your config in runJob.bat. Your config should go in either <install>/bin/setJobEnv.bat or <install>/conf/ssp-importer.properties or a mix of those two. The readme has more discussion of what config should go where.

Also, as noted in the master readme, be sure to be using the 1.1.0 Importer release or maintenance branch. master is very unstable.

- Dan

[1] - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/69068/long-commands-split-over-multiple-lines-in-vista-dos-batch-bat-file

On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:51 PM, Tejas Sutar <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

runJob.bat_renamed (11K) Download Attachment