MAP Template Roles

Jonathan Hart

Hello,

We are trying to setup MAP Templates inside of our SSP installation and need to designate a MAP Template Admin, but I do not see a lot of the Perms/Roles mentioned on: <a href="https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP&#43;v2.X&#43;Role&#43;Permissions">https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP+v2.X+Role+Permissions

How do we setup this Role for a User if it is not in the system?

RE: MAP Template Roles

Jonathan Hart

This is a snapshot of our attributes table:

I see that we are missing SSP_MAP_TEMPLATE_ADMIN, SSP_STUDENT attributes.  How should we go about updating the attributes table to bring it into compliance?

Thanks,

We are trying to setup MAP Templates inside of our SSP installation and need to designate a MAP Template Admin, but I do not see a lot of the Perms/Roles mentioned on: <a href="https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP&#43;v2.X&#43;Role&#43;Permissions">https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP+v2.X+Role+Permissions

How do we setup this Role for a User if it is not in the system?

RE: MAP Template Roles

Paul Spaude
My first thought is that you are missing data imports from releases you have upgraded to. Those files are in "/ssp-platform-dir*/uportal-war/src/main/resources/data/ssp_entitites/" and are mentioned in the release notes for each version here: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP+Installation+Documents. Although that doesn't really explain SSP_STUDENT.

One thing you could try is running this: "ant -Dmaven.test.skip=true db-update" in the ssp-platform directory and see if that resolves the issue. Make sure Tomcat is shut down and a take a db backup before running that command.

However, after a quick check of my records back to SSP 1.2, I'm not aware of a table "ssp_user_attributes" in SSP. The relevant tables for permissions is "up_permission_activity" and for roles it should be "up_group".  You can view those in the UI by going to "Manage Users -> Manage Permissions -> Student Success Plan" for permissions and "Manage Users -> Manage Groups -> SSP Roles" for roles.

-Paul Spaude

This is a snapshot of our attributes table:

I see that we are missing SSP_MAP_TEMPLATE_ADMIN, SSP_STUDENT attributes.  How should we go about updating the attributes table to bring it into compliance?

Thanks,

We are trying to setup MAP Templates inside of our SSP installation and need to designate a MAP Template Admin, but I do not see a lot of the Perms/Roles mentioned on: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/SSP/SSP+v2.X+Role+Permissions

How do we setup this Role for a User if it is not in the system?