MAP Requisite codes

Jonathan Hart

Jason, Dan, Anyone?

How and WHERE do we setup the following in SSP admin:

View Used: v_external_course_requisite

Default Table: external_course_requisite

Description: Defines the relationship of courses for pre, co and pre/co relationships. The table contains each course in the relationship and code to define relationship. Used in the MAP Tool

Column Name

Key

Type

Nullable

Description

Example

SSP Display Location

requiring_course_code

Primary

varchar(50)

No

The course requiring the relationship. IE: 102 requires 101

ENG-102

required_course_code

Primary

varchar(50)

No

The course required in the relationship. IE: 101 is required to take 102

ENG-101

required_formatted_course

varchar(35)

No

The formatted course value for the required course

ENG-101

MAP-Course Details

requisite_code

Primary

varchar(8)

No

Identifies the code used to identify the requisite type in SSP admin

PRE, PRE_CO, CO

MAP-Course Details

We are trying to determine WHAT values to use and if we are able to define our own or if this is hard-coded into the logic of the MAP requisite codes.

Thanks,

---
To unsubscribe, change settings or access archives, see http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/JSG/ssp-user

Re: MAP Requisite codes

Jason Elwood
There is no admin setup for the codes.  All the requisite data exists in the external_course_requisite table.  The valid codes are “pre” "pre_co” and “co”.  One of those codes is required for each row you insert into the table.

Jason Elwood
President
Elwoodway Consulting, LLC
(513) 847-1313

On Nov 18, 2015, at 3:11 PM, Jonathan Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]