MAP (Development) Error Messages

Jonathan Hart

We ran into a couple issues creating MAP Plans in our Development environment.  When we tried to add certain courses to their plan we keep getting the following error message below.  we are not sure if this is due to the fact that we were attempting to add courses that have pre-requisites that are not appearing to be met because the transcripts are not loaded, or if there is some other issue not allowing us to add these courses, but I do not think this is the case because we were able to load other courses without any error messages and some of these have pre-requisites.

cid:image001.png@01D12E81.51A6CD80

Anyone have any ideas as to why this would occur?  I have looked at the data for the classes in our database and cannot see any issues that jump out at me.

Thanks,

JH

Re: MAP (Development) Error Messages

dmccallum
Administrator
Trailing spaces in requisite_code?

On Dec 9, 2015, at 10:42, Jonathan Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I thought that too, but as you can see below:

Further ideas?

Thanks,

JH

[...]

[hidden email].
Visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/group/ssp-user/.

RE: MAP (Development) Error Messages

Jonathan Hart

Nevermind… Apparently MS-SQL thinks it is being helpful … (disgust)… There ARE spaces there after all upon further inspection of certain course requisite codes… :p

Thanks Dan!

Re: MAP (Development) Error Messages

dmccallum
Administrator
Think SQLServer treats spaces as insignificant in string equality checks. Could maybe try

  where requisite_code not like 'PRE" and requisite_code not like 'CO' and requisite_code not like 'PRE_CO'

Or

  where replace(requisite_code, ' ', 'x') not in ('PRE','CO','PRE_CO')

On Dec 9, 2015, at 10:51, Jonathan Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:

I thought that too, but as you can see below:

Further ideas?

Thanks,
JH

RE: MAP (Development) Error Messages

Jonathan Hart

Yes… I keep forgetting in switching between MySQL/SQL/ORACLE/PostGres/NoSQL/etc. that MS doesn’t play nice ;)

Do you see any issue with the following entries or can SSP handle this scenario?

Thanks,

JH

Re: MAP (Development) Error Messages

dmccallum
Administrator
Been away from it for a while, but nothing jumps out at me immediately as problematic.

Big gap historically was lack of support for requisite sets (i.e. must have taken one of x, y, or z).