Quantcast

Link (URL) Announcements Portlet to open in new window?

Link (URL) Announcements Portlet to open in new window?

Brad Morse-3
Is there a setting to make URLS that are placed in the Link (URL) field to automatically open in a new window?

I could not find any mention of it here: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/PLT/Announcements+Portlet

Re: Link (URL) Announcements Portlet to open in new window?

Drew Wills
Brad,

There isn't, afaik, but it sounds like a reasonable enhancement.

We could also apply the same setting or another one to opening attachments.

drew

On 06/12/2013 11:06 AM, Brad Morse wrote:

> Is there a setting to make URLS that are placed in the Link (URL) field
> to automatically open in a new window?
>
> I could not find any mention of it here:
> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/PLT/Announcements+Portlet
>
> --
>
> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

Re: Link (URL) Announcements Portlet to open in new window?

Brad Morse-3
I could assign an id to that portlet via the preferences? I would write some javascript to open all links within that id to open into a new window.

On Jun 13, 2013, at 6:19 PM, Drew Wills wrote:

> Brad,
>
> There isn't, afaik, but it sounds like a reasonable enhancement.
>
> We could also apply the same setting or another one to opening attachments.
>
> drew
>
> On 06/12/2013 11:06 AM, Brad Morse wrote:
>> Is there a setting to make URLS that are placed in the Link (URL) field
>> to automatically open in a new window?
>>
>> I could not find any mention of it here:
>> https://wiki.jasig.org/display/PLT/Announcements+Portlet
>>
>> --
>>
>> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]

---
To unsubscribe, change settings or access archives, see http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/JSG/uportal-user

Re: Link (URL) Announcements Portlet to open in new window?

Bob Finch-2
I took the lazy way out, I made a Maven war overlay for the Announcements
portlet and edited the .jsp pages.  There were a few other tweaks we
wanted to do in the .jsp pages anyway, so that seemed easiest.

-- Bob