JA-SIG Spring 2008 Conference - Call for Committee Volunteers

JA-SIG Spring 2008 Conference - Call for Committee Volunteers

Aaron Godert
[Apologies for the cross postings]

Good Evening Everyone,

It's time to start planning for the upcoming "traditional" JA-SIG
conference, not to be confused with the "Winter Unconference" that's
being held next month.  Given the recent change in direction, moving
from a twice-a-year traditional conference, to a once-a-year
"Unconference" and a once-a-year "traditional" conference, the board
looked to find a time when there would be few if any conflicts with
other events in Higher-Ed.  After researching alternate times, we have
identified Sunday to Wednesday, April 27th-30th as the best possible dates.

In the spirit of collaboration, the board is currently talking with
other higher education community source foundations and projects about
developing a joint program with them.  We are also interested in adding
fresh new content, in addition to the already excellent topics around
uPortal, CAS, and HyperContent - which attendees have come to enjoy and
benefit from.

We are currently looking to assemble a committee for planning this
conference.  If you are interested in being a member of this team,
please contact me via email at [hidden email].  This is a great
opportunity to connect up with your JA-SIG colleagues and people from
other community source efforts and to shape the next generation of
traditional JA-SIG conferences.

Thanks,
Aaron Godert
JA-SIG 2008 Conference Committee, Board Liaison