Financial Aid Summary Portlet

Aaron Fuleki
Hey Folks,
    Below is the first stab at some thoughts and mockups for a Student
Financial Aid Summary portlet, based on a couple of interviews with
users and stakeholders here at Denison.  I'd love to hear any feedback
you may have, or incorporate any requirements/features that might make
it more useful to a variety of institutions.

http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/UPC/Student+Financial+Aid+Summary

Note that Denison isn't currently developing this portlet, but others
on the list have expressed interest and may have resources and
programming time to contribute.

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Web Services Manager
Denison University
740.587.5752

Re: Financial Aid Summary Portlet

Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium)
I have some of my staff looking at those functional requirements based on
the paper sketches from Aaron, within the context of our ERP-SOA platform -
timeframe's a bit sketchy, but we're hoping to have some initial pieces in
place for our Aug release.

Jason

--
Jason Shao
Director of Product Development

Your input is important to improve upon our continuous efforts to service you better. Please e-mail my manager at [hidden email] with any feedback.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential; intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not represent those of CampusEAI Consortium or the Open Student Television Network. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

Re: Financial Aid Summary Portlet

Steven Carmody
At 4:35 PM -0400 6/3/09, Aaron Fuleki wrote:
>Hey Folks,
>    Below is the first stab at some thoughts and mockups for a
>Student Financial Aid Summary portlet,

how might this relate to Meteor ?

http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/about/news/release_2008-07-22.htm

I *think* the portlet can be run locally.....

Re: Financial Aid Summary Portlet

Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium)
Is there a portlet for Meteor provided by SCH? I¹ve done some work with some
of their APIs for integration for Off. Transcript request and whatnot, but
this seems really interesting...

Jason

On 6/4/09 2:10 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> At 4:35 PM -0400 6/3/09, Aaron Fuleki wrote:
>> Hey Folks,
>>    Below is the first stab at some thoughts and mockups for a
>> Student Financial Aid Summary portlet,
>
> how might this relate to Meteor ?
>
> http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/about/news/release_2008-07-22.htm
>
> I *think* the portlet can be run locally.....
>
> --
> You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as:

Jason Shao
Director of Product Development
CampusEAI Consortium
1940 East 6th Street, 11th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
Tel: 216.589.9626x249
Fax: 216.589.9639

Your input is important to improve upon our continuous efforts to service you better. Please e-mail my manager at [hidden email] with any feedback.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential; intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not represent those of CampusEAI Consortium or the Open Student Television Network. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

Re: Financial Aid Summary Portlet

Aaron Fuleki
That does sound interesting.  I don't know that Meteor could provide
information on all the awards a student has (what does the average
institution reports to them?), but it's worth looking into.  I'll ask
our financial aid folks what all they report to the clearinghouse,
like private awards, etc.

Does anyone have thoughts on the mockups?  I was thinking about trying
a timesheet approval portlet next, since I'm having so much fun
playing with Mockups (<plug>http://www.balsamiq.com/</plug>).  Jasig
should totally buy the Confluence plugin, so we can edit UI wireframes
directly in the wiki.

-Aaron

---------------------------------
Aaron Fuleki
Web Services Manager
Denison University
740.587.5752
---------------------------------

At 4:42 PM -0400 6/4/09, Aaron Fuleki wrote:
>That does sound interesting.  I don't know that Meteor could provide
>information on all the awards a student has (what does the average
>institution reports to them?), but it's worth looking into.  I'll ask
>our financial aid folks what all they report to the clearinghouse,
>like private awards, etc.

my understanding is that meteor provides an integrated summary view
of outstanding student loans -- even if the loans come from different
sources. The info meteor displays comes from the lenders themselves
-- not from the campus.

It doesn't provide info on scholarship awards, tho.

On 6/4/09 4:42 PM, "Aaron Fuleki" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That does sound interesting.  I don't know that Meteor could provide
> information on all the awards a student has (what does the average
> institution reports to them?), but it's worth looking into.  I'll ask
> our financial aid folks what all they report to the clearinghouse,
> like private awards, etc.
>
> Does anyone have thoughts on the mockups?  I was thinking about trying
> a timesheet approval portlet next, since I'm having so much fun
> playing with Mockups (<plug>http://www.balsamiq.com/</plug>).  Jasig
> should totally buy the Confluence plugin, so we can edit UI wireframes
> directly in the wiki.

Jasig should be able to get a Balsamiq open-source license -- cc:ing
infrastructure list.

I agree - it's wickedly cool to be able to do quick UI mocks inline in wiki
or JIRA. Complete game changer.

Jason