Federated Authentication & Cas

giluka
Hi all,
i want some help to try to design an authentication security system.
I've a ldap system across which i authenticate a user.
Moreover i need to build a federated authentication mechanism with wich i have to authenticate user also towards a Salesforce application.
My intent is to use CAS but i've many doubts...
- Identity Provider: who plays that role ? (something like "Shibbolet" or CAS application can do it ?)
- During the interaction with Salesforce i have to use SAML2: CAS has the possibility to do that ?

Thanks to everyone