FW: Early Alert System: cc e-mail

Jonathan Hart

We seem to be having an issue with the cc functionality in SSP 2.6.1.

Is this a known bug or has anyone else seen this? How to resolve?

Thanks, JH

Subject: FW: ReachOut System: cc e-mail

Jonathan,

I sent a test ReachOut from (redacted) in development and cc’d myself and (redacted), and the Email cc feature is not working in development either.

Any suggestions?

Holly

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: ReachOut System:  cc e-mail

Good Morning!

I wanted to bring something to your attention regarding the ReachOut system.  Recently I created a ReachOut for a student that has previously gone to the Provost or Dean regarding situations that occur in class.  This time I thought I would be ahead of this and used the Email cc:  box on the ReachOut form and put (redacted) e-mail in the box.  The issue was resolved by the advisor and I just sent a courtesy copy of the advisor comments to both (redacted)  just in case they didn’t get copied on the response end of things.  Both of them just told me that they had never received anything about the ReachOut from the beginning.

I did not receive any kind of error message regarding the cc portion and we know the ReachOut went through because the advisor handled things on their end.  Could there be something wrong with the Email cc portion of the form?  Is there a specific format that needs to be followed so copies get sent to the appropriate person?  I honestly can’t tell you how I entered their e-mails but I would assume I did it like a normal e-mail with a semi-colon between addresses.

Anyway just wanted you to be aware of this in case there is a glitch with the software and faculty are assuming the persons getting the copy successfully received the ReachOut.

Thanks!

Bill

---
To unsubscribe, change settings or access archives, see http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/JSG/ssp-user

Re: Early Alert System: cc e-mail

Jason Elwood
Jonathan,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I tested the inclusion of a CC on the Early Alert submission form in both 2.6 and current development, and the CC address appeared in the database and sent email in both cases.  We have not made any changes related to the CC address in quite a while.  What version of SSP do you have deployed?  Is the CC value in the message table for the particular row?  Is there an error count on that row?  The row may exist in message_archive now depending on the SSP version.

Jason Elwood
President
Elwoodway Consulting, LLC
(513) 847-1313

On May 21, 2015, at 11:22 AM, Jonathan Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

You are currently subscribed to [hidden email] as: [hidden email]