Explanation of uPortal POST URLs?

Lauren Anderson

I have several things in uPortal Administration that are failing with HTTP 403 Not Authorized errors and I’m trying to understand what code is being accessed in uPortal so I can troubleshoot it.  They are all on POST methods. Here are a few samples:

Emergency Alerts Administration:

Request URL: https://mybyu-dev.byu.edu/uPortal/p/emergency-alert-admin.ctf2/max/action.uP

Request Method: POST

Status Code: 403

Announcements Admin:

Request URL: https://mybyu-dev.byu.edu/uPortal/p/announcementsAdmin.ctf3/max/action.uP?pP_action=addTopic

Request Method: POST

Status Code: 403

User Administration:

Request URL: https://mybyu-dev.byu.edu/uPortal/p/user-administration.ctf5/max/action.uP?pP_execution=e1s3&pP__eventId=swap

Request Method: POST

Status Code: 403

Portlet Administration:

Request URL: https://mybyu-dev.byu.edu/uPortal/p/portlet-admin.ctf4/max/action.uP?pP_execution=e1s2

Request Method: POST

Status Code: 403

Can someone explain the parts of the URL after uPortal/?

What does /p mean? What does, for example, emergency-alert-admin.ctf2 mean? What’s the .ctf2? Is that something in Spring WebFlow? How about /max and /action.uP? And ?pP_action or ?pP_execution and the bit about e1s2?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Lauren Anderson

Brigham Young University