ERP Integration Phone CAll [was Re: Welcome to the JASIG erp-integration List]

ERP Integration Phone CAll [was Re: Welcome to the JASIG erp-integration List]

Jonathan Markow
Speaking of which...

I would like to propose a time to meet by phone to discuss ERP integration with uPortal.  The goal of the call would be to survey where participants are at (e.g., have already begun initiative, institution would like to start project in this area, etc.), and to discuss how we might share work and otherwise support each other's efforts.

All are invited to join in on Tuesday, Feb 10th, at 1:00pm Eastern time for a one-hour call.  The dial-in number for the call will be (616) 347-8000, participant code: 992610#.

We will post notes on the call for those who may not be able to attend but would like to track the proceedings.  Please do try to attend if you are interested in an organized effort to create and share integration portlets!

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if we managed to get a BOF for ERP integration on the
schedule at the Dallas conference.

Jason

--
Jason Shao
Director of Open Source Solutions

Your input is important to improve upon our continuous efforts to service you better. Please e-mail my manager at [hidden email] with any feedback.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential; intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not represent those of CampusEAI Consortium or the Open Student Television Network. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

Re: ERP Integration Phone CAll [was Re: Welcome to the JASIG erp-integration List]

Jonathan Markow
Reminder:  The ERP Integration call is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 10, at 1:00 pm EST.  Dial-in information is below.  All are invited.

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Speaking of which...

I would like to propose a time to meet by phone to discuss ERP integration with uPortal.  The goal of the call would be to survey where participants are at (e.g., have already begun initiative, institution would like to start project in this area, etc.), and to discuss how we might share work and otherwise support each other's efforts.

All are invited to join in on Tuesday, Feb 10th, at 1:00pm Eastern time for a one-hour call.  The dial-in number for the call will be (616) 347-8000, participant code: 992610#.

We will post notes on the call for those who may not be able to attend but would like to track the proceedings.  Please do try to attend if you are interested in an organized effort to create and share integration portlets!

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if we managed to get a BOF for ERP integration on the
schedule at the Dallas conference.

Jason

On 12/17/08 12:55 PM, "Jonathan Markow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know what makes you think I have any influence around here but I'll
> see what I can do.
>
> -Jonathan
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not to speak for the committee directly, but I'm sure we can get a BOF, and
>> maybe an overview session.
>>
>> Jonathan, if the conference app isn't taking submissions anymore, can you
>> facilitate Aaron getting those pieces in?
>>
>> Jason

Parker Grimes
I wish I could make this call, but unfortunately the time won't work for me. Will someone provide a report of what is discussed?

Parker

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Reminder:  The ERP Integration call is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 10, at 1:00 pm EST.  Dial-in information is below.  All are invited.

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Speaking of which..

I would like to propose a time to meet by phone to discuss ERP integration with uPortal.  The goal of the call would be to survey where participants are at (e.g., have already begun initiative, institution would like to start project in this area, etc.), and to discuss how we might share work and otherwise support each other's efforts.

All are invited to join in on Tuesday, Feb 10th, at 1:00pm Eastern time for a one-hour call.  The dial-in number for the call will be (616) 347-8000, participant code: 992610#.

We will post notes on the call for those who may not be able to attend but would like to track the proceedings.  Please do try to attend if you are interested in an organized effort to create and share integration portlets!

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if we managed to get a BOF for ERP integration on the
schedule at the Dallas conference.

Jason

On 12/17/08 12:55 PM, "Jonathan Markow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know what makes you think I have any influence around here but I'll
> see what I can do.
>
> -Jonathan
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not to speak for the committee directly, but I'm sure we can get a BOF, and
>> maybe an overview session.
>>
>> Jonathan, if the conference app isn't taking submissions anymore, can you
>> facilitate Aaron getting those pieces in?
>>
>> Jason

Will do!

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will do!

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Parker Grimes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wish I could make this call, but unfortunately the time won't work for me. Will someone provide a report of what is discussed?

Parker

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Reminder:  The ERP Integration call is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb 10, at 1:00 pm EST.  Dial-in information is below.  All are invited.

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Speaking of which..

I would like to propose a time to meet by phone to discuss ERP integration with uPortal.  The goal of the call would be to survey where participants are at (e.g., have already begun initiative, institution would like to start project in this area, etc.), and to discuss how we might share work and otherwise support each other's efforts.

All are invited to join in on Tuesday, Feb 10th, at 1:00pm Eastern time for a one-hour call.  The dial-in number for the call will be (616) 347-8000, participant code: 992610#.

We will post notes on the call for those who may not be able to attend but would like to track the proceedings.  Please do try to attend if you are interested in an organized effort to create and share integration portlets!

-Jonathan

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if we managed to get a BOF for ERP integration on the
schedule at the Dallas conference.

Jason

On 12/17/08 12:55 PM, "Jonathan Markow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know what makes you think I have any influence around here but I'll
> see what I can do.
>
> -Jonathan
>
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Not to speak for the committee directly, but I'm sure we can get a BOF, and
>> maybe an overview session.
>>
>> Jonathan, if the conference app isn't taking submissions anymore, can you
>> facilitate Aaron getting those pieces in?
>>
>> Jason

Sorry, I wasn't able to make the call either - my kids were taken down with
a bad case of the flu which managed to catch everyone in the house - and so
I had to cancel all my appointments. Did someone stick notes into the wiki?

Jason

On 2/10/09 1:50 PM, "Jonathan Markow" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Will do!
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Jonathan Markow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Will do!
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Parker Grimes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I wish I could make this call, but unfortunately the time won't work for me.
>>> Will someone provide a report of what is discussed?

--
Jason Shao
Director of Open Source Solutions
CampusEAI Consortium
1940 East 6th Street, 11th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
Tel: 216.589.9626x249
Fax: 216.589.9639

Your input is important to improve upon our continuous efforts to service you better. Please e-mail my manager at [hidden email] with any feedback.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential; intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not represent those of CampusEAI Consortium or the Open Student Television Network. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

Re: ERP Integration Phone CAll [was Re: Welcome to the JASIG erp-integration List]

Aaron Fuleki
Hey all,
    We had a good conference call last week.  In a nutshell, we'd like
to get started compiling a "gallery" of existing integration work.
The Jasig wiki will do for now (see Existing ERP Integration: http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/x/UQReAQ)
.  If you haven't already, toss at least a little info in there on any
work you may have done to this point, no matter how hard-coded or
kludgey it may be ;-)

    Hopefully the BOF in Dallas will give us a chance to firm up a
plan and direction for new development.  Until then, it was suggested
on the call that we look into using the "contrib" branch of the Jasig
subversion repository to share what we have so far.  If your
institution would be willing to share any code, let's get it in
there.  Don't worry if things aren't readily reusable at this point -
let's help each other with that after things are piled together.

    If you don't have time to do any of the above, feel free to send
me screenshots or a description of your work and I'll get it in the
wiki.  If you can share code, go a head and send me a tarball, and
I'll see if I can get commit access to svn.  I'm happy to start
organizing things at first.

-Aaron

Aaron Fuleki
Web Services Manager