Documentation for a production install?

John Gartrell
Hi Team,
 I'm new to uPortal.  I found the uPortal-start github, and was able to get a vanilla localhost install working.  I'm coming from a Wordpress/LAMP background.  I found the documentation at https://jasig.github.io/uPortal/ but I am still struggling at the 101 level.

1. I would like to get https working, I've placed Apache2 using a Let's Encrypt cert via reverse proxy.  The website seems to load over https, but I seem to have overlooked something on the CAS server.  When the CAS server tries to return me to the uPortal side, I get a URL ending with...  uPortal/Login?ticket=ST-1-dbhzq5f5QERaBE9VwNbP-cas01.example.org

2. Based on the documentation, it seems the database is running on hsql, but that is not encouraged for a production install.  Using something like MySQL would fit better within the realm of what I am used to.  Did I overlook that documentation?

3.  Is there a specific version of Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS whatever) I should be running this on?

Thanks y'all.  Sorry for the basic questions, but I am at a loss.

Respectfully,
John Gartrell

Re: Documentation for a production install?

Christian Murphy

Welcome to the uPortal community!
1. There is some HTTPS documentation
2. uPortal can be used with many different RDBMs, you'll find guides for many here: https://github.com/Jasig/uPortal-start/tree/606b3105452f630b5d818d7b93099c10214626cb/docs/en/database
3. There is not, uPortal can be run on many operating systems and distributions, in fact every change runs continuous integration tests on Linux, MacOS, and Windows, as well as across several databases.

Best Regards,

Christian Murphy