Quantcast

Deploying a portlet with a session-timeout specified

Deploying a portlet with a session-timeout specified

Paul Gazda

I’m spinning my wheels trying to figure out how to set a portlet’s session timeout when deploying using the uPortal build.xml target deployPortletApp in uP 2.6.1.

I set the this in web.xml for the portlet:

  <session-config>

    <session-timeout>180</session-timeout>

  </session-config>

After the deployment, the web.xml shows:

 <session-config/>

I can’t see where the build.xml might be manipulating the <session-config> tag, and I haven’t been able to find a way to set session timeout via portlet.xml.

I have a feeling I’m missing something really basic, but can’t see it. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul Gazda

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Deploying a portlet with a session-timeout specified

Paul Gazda

Technically, it is all I need. I can manually edit the web.xml in tomcat and the session value for the portlet takes effect, but I can’t get the <session-config> tag to come out the deployPortletApp target intact, and so far can’t find where the target is throwing away the contents of that tag.

Paul Gazda

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Deploying a portlet with a session-timeout specified

Paul Gazda

It turned out to be a bug in org.jasig.portal.container.binding.WebApplicationUnmarshaller.java.

If you’re still maintaining 2.6.1 patches, or the code is substantially the same in 3.x, I can submit a JIRA and patch.

Paul Gazda