Changing list post rules

Jim Helwig-2
Most of our Jasig lists only allow members to post. The recent influx of spam caused me to realize it was not the case for this list. I changed it so only members can post.

JimH

Re: Changing list post rules

Andrew Petro
And nonmember emails will be silently ignored? :)

Andrew

On 8/30/2011 12:38 PM, Jim Helwig wrote:
> Most of our Jasig lists only allow members to post. The recent influx
> of spam caused me to realize it was not the case for this list. I
> changed it so only members can post.
>
> JimH

Re: Changing list post rules

Jim Helwig-2
Actually, I was surprised yesterday by receiving a rejection notice from a UW list I posted to. I checked with our list admins and they verified that Lyris re-enabled rejection messages in their latest patch (and curiously neglected to mention it in the release notes). So now non-members will at least receive a note that they have to be a member! The admins are following up with Lyris to see if there is any was to customize the note, but at this point it looks like we are stuck with something generic.

JimH