Bootstrap 4 CDN breaking layout in Firefox with uPortal 5.3.2 - maybe caused by NotificationPortlet v4.4.1

Bootstrap 4 CDN breaking layout in Firefox with uPortal 5.3.2 - maybe caused by NotificationPortlet v4.4.1

mairi.fraser
Hi all,

I've just updated our local uPortal-start instance on our dev environment to use uPortal 5.3.2 by pulling in the changes from uPortal-start master.  Looking at uPortal in Firefox following the update, I see a pretty broken interface (see screenshot).  Aside from the obvious strangeness in the layout, the Customize drawer is also broken - it appears when you click on it, but immediately closes up again.  I'm not seeing this behaviour in Chrome or Opera, only in Firefox, which is strange (caches cleared, etc.).  When I inspect in the browser tools in Firefox, I can see that Bootstrap 4 files are being pulled in from the CDN (see screenshot).  I don't see this CDN being referenced when looking at the same page in the Admin tools interface in Chrome or Opera.

Looking at the changes pulled in from uPortal-start, it looks as though the change is probably not uPortal itself, but might be caused by NotificationsPortlet v4.4.1, which is referencing the Bootstrap 4 CDN.  I'm going to try to backstep to the latest release of NotificationPortlet, v4.1.1 and see if that resolves the issue.  I just wanted to give a heads-up on the behaviour since it doesn't seem quite right.

(in future I will look more closely at changes on uPortal-start before pulling them in! ;-) )

Mairi

MyEd-DEV-Firefox.png (155K) Download Attachment

Re: Bootstrap 4 CDN breaking layout in Firefox with uPortal 5.3.2 - maybe caused by NotificationPortlet v4.4.1

Christian Murphy
Along with discussion around how the issue can be resolved.

Best Regards,

Christian Murphy

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 9:40 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you Christian!  I just noticed on reading that issue that you @ mentioned me & I completely missed that...my apologies, I will take a look at the comments there now.

thanks,
mairi

This issue is being tracked in <a href="https://github.com/Jasig/NotificationPortlet/issues/125" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FNotificationPortlet%2Fissues%2F125\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGG1N_xny8jo-CTPoHpDJ7iwWgnQQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJasig%2FNotificationPortlet%2Fissues%2F125\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGG1N_xny8jo-CTPoHpDJ7iwWgnQQ&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/Jasig/NotificationPortlet/issues/125

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 9:40 AM <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="klum8bbRAgAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">mairi....@...> wrote: