Banner Proxy API for uPortal?

Benito J. Gonzalez-2
Hi folks,

We are discussing Banner and uPortal integration with Matt from Foothill-De Anza. One of the more exciting ideas is to create a proxy service that sits between uPortal and Banner. It would provide common information from Banner in a well-defined context. uPortal content could then be created around this API, such as course schedules, fees notifications, graduation requirements, etc. On the back-end, the community could develop common approaches to access Banner data with the addition design goal of allowing institutions to easily modify this layer to match their Banner.

Who's interested? What data do you want to see from Banner?

Best,
-bjagg

Benito J. Gonzalez
Software Developer
Unicon, Inc.
Voice:  480.558.2360
 Text:  209.777.2754
Email:  [hidden email]
GitHub:  bjagg
GitLab:  bjagg
BitBucket:  bjagg

Re: Banner Proxy API for uPortal?

Toby Archer
We are half bannered. We are migrating student data to banner soon but aren't there yet. Once we are there I'm sure this will become very interesting.

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 12:43:03 PM UTC-6, lauramccord705 wrote:
Hi Benito,

We are a Banner school and this integration would be very helpful.

One of the most important communications that we would want to show are:
student holds. Student holds are especially crucial around registration
time when students are trying to get those taken care of ahead of time.
Equally important are financial aid requirements and notifications.

Laura