Anyone using BIRT?

Bob Finch-2

I’ve been evaluating ways of producing dashboards and KPIs from Banner data and integrating them into our portal.  A prototype I implemented using BIRT to generate charts has generated some interest here.

Is anyone using BIRT to generate charts and reports from ERP data and present it in a portal?

-- Bob

Re: Anyone using BIRT?

Jim Helwig-2
No, but researching BIRT for much the same thing (although I would not have to deliver it via the portal) has been on my to do list; it just never reaches the top. I would be interested in hearing about any success you experience.

JimH

on 2/9/2009 1:48 PM Bob Finch said the following:

> I’ve been evaluating ways of producing dashboards and KPIs from Banner
> data and integrating them into our portal.  A prototype I implemented
> using BIRT to generate charts has generated some interest here.
>

> Is anyone using BIRT to generate charts and reports from ERP data and
> present it in a portal?
>

> -- Bob

Re: Anyone using BIRT?

Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium)
We¹ve been playing with Pentaho for this ­ there¹s some work that¹s been
done on embedding Pentaho in Liferay ­ have not yet tried that work in
uPortal, right now mostly just poking around the edges.

Anyone else experimented with other tools? An alternative approach might be
just some generic SQL execution backed w/Google charts, some days I'm
tempted to spend a weekend coding :)

Jason

--
Jason Shao
Director of Open Source Solutions

Your input is important to improve upon our continuous efforts to service you better. Please e-mail my manager at [hidden email] with any feedback.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential; intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not represent those of CampusEAI Consortium or the Open Student Television Network. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

Re: Anyone using BIRT?

Benjamin Gunnink
We don't have any full-fledged reporting tools like BIRT, but our quick and dirty solution is using Eastwood Charts.  It's an in-house Google Chart API, basically;  we query against the DB, format the call, and generate the image on the fly.

Google charts is nice, but you'll inevitably run into SSL errors since they don't offer it over https.

Ben Gunnink
Applications Programmer
University of St. Francis

[...]

Ben,

That made my day - I hadn't seen eastwood yet. Thanks for the link!

Jason

On 2/11/09 4:46 PM, "Benjamin Gunnink" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential; intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not represent those of CampusEAI Consortium or the Open Student Television Network. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are present in this e-mail, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this e-mail or attachments.

vamarnath
HI Jason,

Im using birt 2.2.2(using jdk1.4) with weblogic 8.1.
when i try deploy birt 2.3.2(using jdk1.6) on weblogic 10.3....
my code is getting stucked at a point and not even throwing an error or excpetion.
im unable to understand where the mistake is in this migration process.
can u guide me where im going wrong??

V Amarnath

jayshao wrote

Your input is important to improve upon our continuous efforts to service you better. Please e-mail my manager at anjli_jain@campuseai.org with any feedback.

[...]

You are currently subscribed to erp-integration@lists.ja-sig.org as: lists+1229562857424-1670843@n2.nabble.com

Re: Anyone using BIRT?

beli22
I am having the same problem.  The deployment seems to work, there aren't any errors, but the site will not come up.  Did you resolve this problem?